YJ and proud of it!

tjlboise

Okay fellow jeepers... I seem to get quite a bit of crap from time to time for having my YJ, with its square headlights, and whatever else, but to me, a jeep is a jeep is a jeep, and it seems like, if anything, the YJ would actually be one of the more rare, and more sought after breeds, because of its settle differences and short production window. I think....NAY! I KNOW they are just jealous of my squares, and leaf spring suspension, etc....
so anyway, to the point... I say its time the YJ lovers unite! Show your pride! Show your YJ pics, and/or stories

Here's a few to start...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110830_211225.png
    ForumRunner_20110830_211225.png
    568.2 KB · Views: 190
  • ForumRunner_20110830_211250.png
    ForumRunner_20110830_211250.png
    935.5 KB · Views: 208
  • ForumRunner_20110830_211350.png
    ForumRunner_20110830_211350.png
    705.1 KB · Views: 187
And dont forget less computerized.....I love the simplicity of the CJ and YJ's. A little more rugged with less creature comforts is what I like. It just makes me feel good!!

Attachments

• Photo116[1].jpg
    Photo116[1].jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo075[1].jpg
    Photo075[1].jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 122
Sounds like jealousy of the YJ. Often the YJ is cheaper to acquire and cheaper to modify than any other Wrangler, and in the end is much more capable. There's a lot to be said for simplicity when in the rough.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Sounds like jealousy of the YJ. Often the YJ is cheaper to acquire and cheaper to modify than any other Wrangler, and in the end is much more capable. There's a lot to be said for simplicity when in the rough.

Thank you! I've been trying to tell people that simple is better, but I can never seem to my point across. With more parts, comes more things to go wrong. Im the kind of guy that says if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.... we'll its not broke.

I've had my hi-lift jack and winch mounted since january, and the only time I've had to use either one of them was to pull someone else out of a mess.... nothing to do with anything other than I love my YJ....just thought id share that little bit of info.

i love mine too!!!!!! actually, my wife and i have only had yj wranglers. everything else was cherokees, grand cherokees, and the liberty.

i love my yj with how square the rest of hte jeep is, i think the headlights match it pretty well

Attachments

• 2010-11-14_17 40 40 (2).jpeg
    2010-11-14_17 40 40 (2).jpeg
    656.5 KB · Views: 116
i have a cj, yj, xj and a kj and have had 3 other cjs. My yj is the most road friendly and stable of the lot. its now mopar powered and soon to be soa. ive grown to appreciate the square headlites but if they would have been round from the beginning there would have been less haters ! love my yj .

let's not act like congress, my best friend has a yj , we get along great. tj's are ok.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    796.9 KB · Views: 96

RonnieB..... do you catch as much hell for having a purple Jeep and I do a Mango Orange one?

I'm very proud if mine! It just got it's new coat of paint and will hopefully be back in the road soon! People can hate all they want but i'm still topless in the mud:)

kevin, i catch a little kidding from barney jeep to barbie jeep, they are not jeep owners, so go figure. i also love my jeep

What's not to love? Moving to Pensacola tomorrow.... guess who's going to the beach? Thanks Ronnieb!:shades:

Attachments

• Jeep Wrangler.jpg
    Jeep Wrangler.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 343
  • Jeep3.jpg
    Jeep3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 381
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 83

What's not to love? Moving to Pensacola tomorrow.... guess who's going to the beach? Thanks Ronnieb!:shades:

oh man, be careful with that jeep on the beach. no matter how much you was it, the sand will get in and rust it away. i know, i live in a beach town too

Im with you there! Probably one of the most under rated college teams in the country, but we sure do love em here. We're gonna take this season by storm.

Boise baby! Been a fan since watching them while stationed in Hawaii.... Mid nineties !!!!!!!

Back