Extreme Mudding

klkb

I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday and saw a Grand Cherokee in the oncoming turn lane. At least I thought it was a Grand Cherokee due to the body style, but I couldn't be 100% sure because it had a blanket of mud on it. Seriously, it looked like a tan vehicle and all you could see was what had been wiped away from the wipers and the very back of it. I could see splash marks so at least I knew it had been red at one point. It looked like someone had sprayed it with a hose, and I couldn't think of ANY situation that would cause that! Please enlighten me!

unfortunately, this is not me. But it was probably something like this
jeep_cj_stuck_againjpgw500h375-1.jpg

That looks a lot like my jeep this spring when I got it stuck. Had to have another jeep with a winch get me out. We had to chain his jeep to a tree to keep him from sliding as he winched me out. It took about an hour to finally get out.

for us down here in south texas, you get that way like this

IMG_4669-1.jpg

some friends a few months ago

20100922162729-1.jpg

20100922162753-1.jpg

you could get caught on something, like i did. that cherokee has a 5" lift on it

20100314153017-1.jpg

mud runs

20100314153039-1.jpg

That's awesome! And curiously... On principle alone, would you let anyone other than a Jeeper pull you out, or get out whenever you can, regardless? My guess is get out whenever you can and suffer a bruised ego.

My daughter likes mud, she brought home her truck once just coated in mud, took her 3 weeks to get it all out of the suspension, and never did get it all.

As prone to rust as Jeeps are, you might want to concider what mud is, is a sticky bit of wet dirt that when stuck to your jeep, acts as an abrasive at the edges to let the moisture trapped inside it get to the metal under your paint in teeny tiny little holes it creates :) and the mud on the outside of a little stuck on mud ball keeps the moisture inside from drying for a long time.

Jeeps will rust, it sucks but thats how metalurgy works, mud will make that process speed up exponentialy, and if you have ever been through mud in your Jeep, you know no amount of washing gets it all, weeks later you still find it under your perches, in the knuckles, and the worst part is it will be hard at work inside your boxed in frame, and nothing you can do about that one.

O_M_Jeep said:
My daughter likes mud, she brought home her truck once just coated in mud, took her 3 weeks to get it all out of the suspension, and never did get it all.

As prone to rust as Jeeps are, you might want to concider what mud is, is a sticky bit of wet dirt that when stuck to your jeep, acts as an abrasive at the edges to let the moisture trapped inside it get to the metal under your paint in teeny tiny little holes it creates :) and the mud on the outside of a little stuck on mud ball keeps the moisture inside from drying for a long time.

Jeeps will rust, it sucks but thats how metalurgy works, mud will make that process speed up exponentialy, and if you have ever been through mud in your Jeep, you know no amount of washing gets it all, weeks later you still find it under your perches, in the knuckles, and the worst part is it will be hard at work inside your boxed in frame, and nothing you can do about that one.

Almost makes you not wanna go mudding.... Almost

I have a 97 grand cherokee with 202k. I paid 1000 bucks for it and if it dies or rusts out, it isn't too much of a loss. It will suck because it runs great, but my wife and I said if i only get a year out of it, then it served its purpose. I have only taken it off road a couple times, but once spring 2012 comes around you can guarantee it will get a coating of mud.

mine was cheap too.

i hate mud running. i won't do it in my jeep. i'll ride with someone else but not in mine. it is such a pain to get out and it gets into your tensioner bearing and your under your serpentine belt and ruins your alternator.

that's about the only jeeping I do on my own. I find it much more fun to hit a lake bed and tear through some mud than trail ride. sure it's messy and yea its very expensive but you can't take them with you when you die so why not enjoy it now?!

What i play in most weekends

Attachments

• image-1222324818.png
    image-1222324818.png
    637.3 KB · Views: 2,472
  • image-888033690.png
    image-888033690.png
    497.3 KB · Views: 257
I think I'll like trail riding and getting a little dirty rather than getting filthy and spending three hours with a pressure washer. As it was, it took me 45 minutes to get off what I did last week. I did clear out a lot of branches, though.

Wash????? What's that lol. Mud falls off eventually.

I went mudding slash driving around on dirt roads one day with my upper doors and back window out on my hard top and it took me two days to completely clean it not because the outside was terrible but dirt and dust was an inch think on everything in my jeep this photo was taken after hitting two mudd wholes I hit at least ten more

Attachments

• image-4027807357.png
    image-4027807357.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 1,128
This brought about the look you were talking about for awhile. The inside was just as covered. Thankfully I had already taken out the carpeting and put down a liner. I STILL haven't gotten all the mud out of the inside.

Attachments

• 100107_120518.jpg
    100107_120518.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 7,893
  • 100107_122536.jpg
    100107_122536.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 1,871
  • IMG_4975.JPG
    IMG_4975.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 608
  • IMG_4976.JPG
    IMG_4976.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 606
Wow- that's a lot of mud. I don't think I'd do it to mine. Its also my dd, and still too shiny and new (to me), so I'll ease into it little by little. Funny, though, I don't mind the scratches in the paint and small branches sticking out of parts from creating trails in the woods when my boys say 'Mom, I don't think you can go there.' Oh really? Watch me, and get out if you don't like it. :)

ha ha ha.

i never realized how many people on here are women jeepers. thats cool. its good that its not always guys out tearing stuff up. my wife likes to go out off roading with us. i wish she hadn't gotten rid of her sahara but at least she still goes in mine

Back