Didn't think of that...

to me it's a matter of balenceing things out.Like if you dont do much trail rideing, why waste a lot of money on trail tires to be worn out on the asphalt,not unless ya just want to look cool driveing around town. That is your perogitive,ya pay the price. Myself ,I dont give a hoot about looking cool, I chose to want things to work efficently and economically for as to what I am useing them for. Street tires dureing the week,and trail tires for the weekend.just my 2 cents. You may want to reconsider getting wal mart tires,I have heard that they drie rot a lot faster then a brand name tire.

exactly why i have light truck tires on my jeep. the most off road driving i do is driving down my driveway.

Around our house, new tires means "new to you"!
I seriously can't remember the last time we bought "brand new" tires ...

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

I don't hardly put enough miles on my tires to wear them out anymore. I'm more concerned with then rotting off. Which also made it really hard to justify spending money on new rims. So I went with $15 worth of spray paint instead.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111010_102706.png
    ForumRunner_20111010_102706.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20111010_102800.png
    ForumRunner_20111010_102800.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 218
Ok so I didn't think the pic attached since it gave me a message about the app crashing. But since it worked here's a couple more.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111010_103152.png
    ForumRunner_20111010_103152.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 149
  • ForumRunner_20111010_103226.png
    ForumRunner_20111010_103226.png
    509.4 KB · Views: 132

i do that too. i am thinking of doing the rubicon rims in satin black

Yeah, that pretty much trumps everything else!

My tires, to replace all of them, is going to set me back about $1400. Barf. It's a good thing they're sexy. I love, love, love the rims, though. They're sexy, too. Hot wheels, really. My sons get so sick of me bragging on them. "Shut up already, Mom! Jeez!" Whatever. Get out and walk, see how much you like them then!
image-missing.png

Here's one of them!

Attachments

• PA280015.JPG
    PA280015.JPG
    535.1 KB · Views: 93
Yep, they are cool tires and they suit the wheel very well. I guess either I'm livin' in the past or just a tightwad but that does seem like alot for a set of tires. I was going to buy a new set for my jeep last spring and I checked Craigslist, ended up buying 5 Mickey Thompson wheels, tires lugs and centers for $500. The tires we're better than half, spare had never been run. Maybe you'll find a deal, good luck. Can't blame ya for wanting anthor set, they do look good.

That's the picture of his trump card. I said that pretty much qualifies as the most major off-road transportation.

I am big on the stock rims. I love the rims that came on my Jeep. I know they have a name but I am clueless as to what it is. I think they look really good with the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's I just put on it. I got them for a good price I think, $168 each installed at Costco...not to mention their warranty and all of the other perks that come with purchase. One of the chain tire stores wanted $214 plus install. Every other tire I have bought in recent years has been Goodyear because a buddy of mine owns 5 Goodyear stores but I moved away from the area and no longer have my "hook up." You just can't beat getting 31X10.50 Wrangler MTR's at cost.

Attachments

• 2010-04-11 13.46.45.jpg
    2010-04-11 13.46.45.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
i was looking at getting the bfg a/t's but for a 255 like i wanted everywhere was charging almost 200 per tire, so i went with the general grabber at2 which is almost the same tread pattern for 110 per tire through discount tire.

I am big on the stock rims. I love the rims that came on my Jeep. I know they have a name but I am clueless as to what it is. I think they look really good with the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's I just put on it. I got them for a good price I think, $168 each installed at Costco...not to mention their warranty and all of the other perks that come with purchase. One of the chain tire stores wanted $214 plus install. Every other tire I have bought in recent years has been Goodyear because a buddy of mine owns 5 Goodyear stores but I moved away from the area and no longer have my "hook up." You just can't beat getting 31X10.50 Wrangler MTR's at cost.

DANG!!!!! i completely forgot!!!! two of my cousins are managers at discount tires in houston!!!! i wonder how much tires cost from them? ;)

superj said:
DANG!!!!! i completely forgot!!!! two of my cousins are managers at discount tires in houston!!!! i wonder how much tires cost from them? ;)

Depends on if they like you or not....
You're a nice Jeeper so they probably would hook you up....
I would most likely get charged double by any family members ... Go figure...

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

Back