Didn't think of that...

superj said:
and you are so cool on here. i would think everyone loves you in person

Thanks..;-)

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

Depends on if they like you or not....
You're a nice Jeeper so they probably would hook you up....
I would most likely get charged double by any family members ... Go figure...

You didnt get into a discussion about their jeeps not being a jeep did you.

gennybro said:
You didnt get into a discussion about their jeeps not being a jeep did you.

Very funny.... ;-)
No, I have not engaged in any such discussions......
(But probably only because
I am the Lone Jeeper in the group, remember?)

I bought new rims and tires for the mustang I owned prior to my jeep and it set me back 1600. thems are expensive. and that was the cheapest tire available. off road tires are kinda cheap... I like the 4x4 shows. got our pro comps for 700 with shipping....

My 01 just turned 100,000 miles the other day. Since I bought her I have had four sets of shoe's on her. Since she is a DD and a extreme(for a better word here) rock crawler, my biggest problem is just tearing the tires up on the rocks (chunking out lugs) then it seems to me it only takes a year or two and the tire is worn so bad that I have to replace all four. I have gone through three sets of MT/R's and in the final stages on my BFG's. My biggest problem is I want a soft tire for the rocks...and a hard one for the road, that I don't have to change when I am done wheeling. Oh and cost less that a house payment, lol

mine is at 106 or 105k. i do need some new tires though

Green97TJ said:
Ok so I didn't think the pic attached since it gave me a message about the app crashing. But since it worked here's a couple more.

What brand of paint is that? I want to do that myself

ScubaDude said:
What brand of paint is that? I want to do that myself

Its rustoleum high performance wheel paint. I used the graphite color. 2 cans should be more than enough. One might do it. It was about $7 a can at AutoZone.

Thought I should add this. That was September 5 that I painted those wheels. I just lightly sanded the wheels then painted, didn't even use primer. I have noticed a couple of really small scratches but so far the paint is holding up great.

powder coating is about the only thing that will be a one and done solution. Paint will hold up for a while, but powder coating will last just about as long as the wheel.

extra-medium said:
powder coating is about the only thing that will be a one and done solution. Paint will hold up for a while, but powder coating will last just about as long as the wheel.

Is that only if your rough on the tires I love my jeep but I really haven't gotten into the crawling yet I was thinking of doing some type of powder coating but if it doesn't last there's reall not too much point then

sounds like it well last long enough to me.

Back