Didn't think of that...

klkb

When I fell in love with the tires and rims on my Jeep (as they came from the dealership) I really didn't think about how much it was going to cost to replace any of them. I should start saving now, and I suspect have them rotated pretty regularly. :roll:

klkb said:
When I fell in love with the tires and rims on my Jeep (as they came from the dealership) I really didn't think about how much it was going to cost to replace any of them. I should start saving now, and I suspect have them rotated pretty regularly. :roll:

What has brought about this startling revelation?

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

What has brought about this startling revelation?

A kid in a much smaller Jeep said (in fun) that when he was done delivering his pizzas he'd come back and 'jack my rims and tires, but would hate to think of the cost of replacing them. I thought I'd learn a little bit about what I have...hence the startling revelation. I think what surprised me most was that the rims are worth more than the tires. I've never known much about these things.

Obviously.

Out of the mouths of babes & & pizza delivery boys...... ;-)

It cracks me up that little boys never get over their fascination with wheels. I turned around last week to find my 14-year-old son's friend taking pictures of my wheels with his phone. :lol:

Well, kind of like shoes... The right pair can make all the difference in the world... And the wrong pair can ruin even the best outfit!!!

Nope we never get over wheels, or toys of any kind in fact.
You have heard the old saying by John Greier... Your only young once, but you can be immature forever....... Thats kinda a guys moto...LOL

YUP,Immature at 54 and I like it that way,hope to reach 84 and have some 94 yr old tell me "youngster go away".

I gave up trying to raise my husband a long time ago. He's 62 now - still won't sell his toys. Doesn't play with them, but won't get rid of them either. :roll:

My wife gets frustrated with me because I am never satisfied. I want to gey a motorcycle or some sort of small bike and my wife just rolls her eyes at me.

Sent from my Exhibit using Jeepz

A grand! That's what I paid for my last set of tires. I hate to say, after shopping all over town the best price was at, I cant' say it! The big chain that starts with W ends in art. UGH!! I dislike that store! But they did offer the best price. Ordered on line, free shipping to my local store and competitive price to install and balance. The last set lasted almost 50 thousand miles. I guess I can't complain!
As for growing up? Never! And toys? I've owned Jeeps since 1978, I bought a brand new CJ7 Golden Eagle. That jeep went to Guam with me and back thanks to Uncle Sam! Many jeeps since then, but have always had one.
As for toys, I've owned motorcycles, boats, airplanes and helicopters. The Jeep continues to be the one that has lasted with me throughout the years.
Although the helicopter is the ultimate off road vehicle!

Although the helicopter is the ultimate off road vehicle!

Yeah, that pretty much trumps everything else!

My tires, to replace all of them, is going to set me back about $1400. Barf. It's a good thing they're sexy. I love, love, love the rims, though. They're sexy, too. Hot wheels, really. My sons get so sick of me bragging on them. "Shut up already, Mom! Jeez!" Whatever. Get out and walk, see how much you like them then!

Yeah, that pretty much trumps everything else!

My tires, to replace all of them, is going to set me back about $1400. Barf. It's a good thing they're sexy. I love, love, love the rims, though. They're sexy, too. Hot wheels, really. My sons get so sick of me bragging on them. "Shut up already, Mom! Jeez!" Whatever. Get out and walk, see how much you like them then!
Well, lets see a picture of these fabulous tires.

35" Trail Grappler M/T with XD series Monster rims. Added to the 3" lift on a JK 4-door, it seems huge next to other Wranglers. Men seem pretty surprised when they ask me whose it is and I tell them it's mine. :)

Attachments

• image-3778176826.png
    image-3778176826.png
    858.5 KB · Views: 219
  • image-3008313489.png
    image-3008313489.png
    976.7 KB · Views: 249
  • image-2434861132.png
    image-2434861132.png
    701.7 KB · Views: 259
Once you get over 15" (rim size), tires get spendy.
The Jeep has 235/75-15 Goodyear Wranglers because I know they're good in snow. $90 each installed, so the price is right.
My Sport Trac has 17's, just got my second set of Firestone A/T's that were a screaming deal at $160 each for three. Three? Yup, I had a puncture when we were on vacation in August and had to buy one in Florida for $190. Was gonna need new ones before the snow comes anyway.

klkb said:
I have a feeling my next set of tires won't be so sexy.

Don't be so hasty!!
Wait and see how these perform first....
All tires are not equal... And price alone can be deceiving...
;-) just think how sad you will be if no teenagers want to snap pictures of your tires& wheels... Or want to jack them after delivering pizzas... Or how depressed your rims will be when they have to wear some un-sexy, yet practical & comfortable, tires around town.... ;-(

i am glad you like them because i have never liked those types of rims.

i like the stock jeep rims. i have the rubicon 16 rims on my wrangler but would have the aluminum star looking jeep rims if these didn;t come on jeep when i traded for it. the star rims are my most favorite jeep factory rim.

rubicons
760afcf6-1.jpg

here are all the sets i had for my bmw

dsc01628-1.jpg

dsc01621-1.jpg

here are my all time favorite jeep wheels (on cristina's 93 wrangler)

20110121152245-1.jpg

I got my wheels for free, and my tires are 126 a piece installed. Only problem is I did 2 and have to wait a couple more months to do the other 2. All together I think all of my tires cost almost just over what one of yours do.

Back