Real Jeeps? your opinion please

oh yes, the unibody jeeps saved jeep from certain closure, that is for sure.

All jeeps are real jeeps the characteristics that was posted by the one that starts the thread are his point of view, I think it depends on the use that you are planning to give to tje car...postal service jeeps are jeeps for that porpouse....the original jeep was for one militar porpouse... That is the beauty of the jeep you can change it to your personal porpouse

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

No.. you knew I was gonna be the Debbie Downer.. :lol:

I look at my current YJ, the only thing on it that is still from jeep is the motor and trans, part of the frame, the cowl and half the hood; everything else is pretty much from another manufacturer; axles, t-case, suspension. even if you want to break down the motor, the alternator is from a dodge; power steering is from a chevy, cooling fan is from a ford. I will revert to my initial point, use it as you want to, thats what makes it cool; regardless if it is a trail rig, or a bone stock cruiser.

To add, with out the patriot and compass, I doubt Jeep would be able to compete in the current market, so I guess in a round about way, we can thank the patriot and compass for allowing a solid axle JK to be produced. the Grand kinda lost it's luxury SUV status once lexus and infinity and BMW released their SUV's, cross over's and all wheel drive soccer-mom-mobiles are what are driving the market; jeep has three vehicles in the ring and they do pretty well sales wise. Patriot and compass both being a more entry level vehicle with that "I wear northface and shop at whole foods" vibe and the mid class liberty that says" I own a Kayak and have the thule roof rack to prove it"

:lol:

Opinion or definition! I believe that this thread was asking for opinions and not definitions. But if it's a definition that you wish. The websters dictionary describes a jeep as{ a small rugged automotive vechicle with a 1/4 ton capacity,and a 4 wheel drive} Any arguements, please feel free to address the publishers of websters dictionary,and keep us posted.

gennybro said:
Opinion or definition! I believe that this thread was asking for opinions and not definitions. But if it's a definition that you wish. The websters dictionary describes a jeep as{ a small rugged automotive vechicle with a 1/4 ton capacity,and a 4 wheel drive} Any arguements, please feel free to address the publishers of websters dictionary,and keep us posted.

Clearly "Webster" was a Jeeper at heart...
Notice how he cleverly included "rugged" in an otherwise completely matter-of-fact definition... ;-) lol

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

that includes the cherokees, grands, liberty, and a whole bunch of none jeep manufactured vehicles. by their definition

Cherokees,Grands,and Liberty are rated in the 1/2 ton catagory. I dont believe that they are all that small.

gennybro said:
Cherokees,Grands,and Liberty are rated in the 1/2 ton catagory. I dont believe that they are all that small.

Ah hah!!!!!
This brings us to the differentiation between "Jeep" and "jeep"!!!

i say jerry springer, that way we can get into a fight slapping each other, pulling each others hair while half naked and cursing.

Dont forget about slinging mud and stones. After all we are known to do such things.

extra-medium said:
i say jerry springer, that way we can get into a fight slapping each other, pulling each others hair while half naked and cursing.

Wait... Didn't Springer give that up when he started hosting "Baggage" on GameShowNetwork... ? We might have to expose our most embarrassing jeep issues...
I think I prefer the hair pulling/ cursing/etc format...
Or even better... We could do jeep DNA testing Maury Povich style... I'm sorry yours is NOT a real jeep... Or Congratulations! Yours IS a real jeep...

ha ha ha, i don't mind any of it but the naked parts. we got to many guys for naked anything

Back