I hate hummers!!

jeepjeep!

Most most of you know That I'm a manager At a quick lube. So today I had to work by myself. Fun! My day starts out good even though it's raining. Things are going slowly in the shop of course until lunchtime. Can anyone guess what came in at lunch time? A BIG UGLY NASTY WET H3. . let's start by saying that whoever designed the thing is an idiot! No its not a chrysler designed vehicle! ( dont get me started on any chrysler thats not a jeep) todays MALL RATED H3 IS ALL GENERAL MOTORS. .sure they hide it by saying its American General. .but GM owns AG. . Ok so we know the gm designer was an idiot! And most of us know that people that drive them are either overcompensating for the lack of larger body parts or their idiots! Or both! Ok so there's 2 skid plates to take down. .a 13 mm drain plug that drains at 90 degrees which is not too bad , unless like in the hummers case it drains right on top of the crossmember ! Ok the filter! Its on the front passenger side surrounded by on one side a HOT oil pan and on the other with what gm calls suspension! Not to mention a plastic oil catcher with a funnel like tip that points right at your arm no matter where you stand. NO room for a bandwrench, NO room for filter pliers, and if I were fat NO room for an arm! Ok so try and get this far without cussing. .and I have a pit to stand in I couldn't imagine doin it in a driveway! So while your 99 cent heart attack is getting cold from lunch you gotta finish up. . After tightening the filter and plug you still gotta put the Heavy awkward skid plates back up! Under the hood a whole other list of #$%&* bleeps! ! Start with dipstick. .from Colorado to trailblazer to hummer (all same engines) the dipstick is ALWAYS rusty, nasty, and hard to get in and out! (Unlike the dipstick in my jeep. (I can remove my nice shiny dipstick with ease) the oil fill tube is turned inside in such a way that they thought you would be filling it from inside the engine bay back facing windshield. . You know if someone walked in right now and said here's a new h3 (they don't make new ones lol) I would trade it for a . .here we go get this! . . A .. compass! Ha ha. .so if you have a hummer sorry but your an idiot. . Hey Im still a friend. .to the people at gm. .your idiots! I used to sell cars for a gm dealership, your still idiots!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111011_165827.png
    ForumRunner_20111011_165827.png
    492.2 KB · Views: 398

Ha ha. Tell us how you REALLY feel. I understand your pain though, I think I threaten to hurt an engineer anytime I work on a vehicle.

jeepjeep! said:
Most most of you know That I'm a manager At a quick lube. So today I had to work by myself. Fun! My day starts out good even though it's raining. Things are going slowly in the shop of course until lunchtime. Can anyone guess what came in at lunch time? A BIG UGLY NASTY WET H3. . let's start by saying that whoever designed the thing is an idiot! No its not a chrysler designed vehicle! ( dont get me started on any chrysler thats not a jeep) todays MALL RATED H3 IS ALL GENERAL MOTORS. .sure they hide it by saying its American General. .but GM owns AG. . Ok so we know the gm designer was an idiot! And most of us know that people that drive them are either overcompensating for the lack of larger body parts or their idiots! Or both! Ok so there's 2 skid plates to take down. .a 13 mm drain plug that drains at 90 degrees which is not too bad , unless like in the hummers case it drains right on top of the crossmember ! Ok the filter! Its on the front passenger side surrounded by on one side a HOT oil pan and on the other with what gm calls suspension! Not to mention a plastic oil catcher with a funnel like tip that points right at your arm no matter where you stand. NO room for a bandwrench, NO room for filter pliers, and if I were fat NO room for an arm! Ok so try and get this far without cussing. .and I have a pit to stand in I couldn't imagine doin it in a driveway! So while your 99 cent heart attack is getting cold from lunch you gotta finish up. . After tightening the filter and plug you still gotta put the Heavy awkward skid plates back up! Under the hood a whole other list of #$%&* bleeps! ! Start with dipstick. .from Colorado to trailblazer to hummer (all same engines) the dipstick is ALWAYS rusty, nasty, and hard to get in and out! (Unlike the dipstick in my jeep. (I can remove my nice shiny dipstick with ease) the oil fill tube is turned inside in such a way that they thought you would be filling it from inside the engine bay back facing windshield. . You know if someone walked in right now and said here's a new h3 (they don't make new ones lol) I would trade it for a . .here we go get this! . . A .. compass! Ha ha. .so if you have a hummer sorry but your an idiot. . Hey Im still a friend. .to the people at gm. .your idiots! I used to sell cars for a gm dealership, your still idiots!

A few things come to mind upon reading your diary entry, I mean posting...

A. Why didn't you, as the Mgr., just assign one of your little worker-bees to handle the big, wet, nasty ol' H3....?

B. The H3 owner was smart enough to know it was worth the $$$ to make somebody else change the oil....

C. Everyone knows that Hummer is a GM product... Much the same as Cadillac... and that H2/3s are basically just an alternative package / trim level equivalent to Cadillac's "Escalade"

D. H1 was AM General (yes, owned by GM).... The first year H2 was also titled this way... But after that the titles just say Hummer...

E. Idiots drive all types of vehicles... And only some...not all Hummer drivers are idiots...

[☠]lllllll[☠] 89 YJ ...SOA +6.5...44"Trxus' I Love my dirtYJeep! [☠]lllllll[☠]

I feel your pain. I too work at a quick lube type place, and I'm the guy who is under the car. I HATE those skid plates, and the drain plug. I couldn't agree more with your rant.

A few things come to mind upon reading your diary entry, I mean posting...

A. Why didn't you, as the Mgr., just assign one of your little worker-bees to handle the big, wet, nasty ol' H3....?

B. The H3 owner was smart enough to know it was worth the $$$ to make somebody else change the oil....

C. Everyone knows that Hummer is a GM product... Much the same as Cadillac... and that H2/3s are basically just an alternative package / trim level equivalent to Cadillac's "Escalade"

D. H1 was AM General (yes, owned by GM).... The first year H2 was also titled this way... But after that the titles just say Hummer...

E. Idiots drive all types of vehicles... And only some...not all Hummer drivers are idiots...

I know you have an H3 from the other thread about daily drivers, but i have driven both the H2 and the H3 and they are much different vehicles. The H2 is a monster compared to the H3. The H2 has the same 6.0 Vortech in the other full size GM SUV's and pick-ups, whereas the H3 has the 3.7L I-5 in the Colorado and Canyon mid-size pick-ups.

I am surprised though that they are such a bear to do an oil change since it has an inline motor. Looking at a picture of the motor online I think GM could have taken some styling hints from AMC and slimmed down the size of that thing a little bit so it isn't as wide as a big v-6. That is one of the things I love about the 4.0, I can lay on the ground without a jack and drain the oil pan, and then pop the hood and unscrew the oil filter from the top or bottom.

extra-medium said:
I know you have an H3 from the other thread about daily drivers, but i have driven both the H2 and the H3 and they are much different vehicles. The H2 is a monster compared to the H3. The H2 has the same 6.0 Vortech in the other full size GM SUV's and pick-ups, whereas the H3 has the 3.7L I-5 in the Colorado and Canyon mid-size pick-ups.

I am surprised though that they are such a bear to do an oil change since it has an inline motor. Looking at a picture of the motor online I think GM could have taken some styling hints from AMC and slimmed down the size of that thing a little bit so it isn't as wide as a big v-6. That is one of the things I love about the 4.0, I can lay on the ground without a jack and drain the oil pan, and then pop the hood and unscrew the oil filter from the top or bottom.

No doubt, having had 1 each of the H1,2&3, they are all VERY different...
While nothing beats having the doghouse running thru the cab.... Yes, at least the H2 was "full size " a little shorter(wb) than a suburban and about 6" or so wider...
But still a "Cadillac " interior ... Much like the baby H3 (Colorado /canyon platform) interior.... And an inline 5... Yes, it's embarrassing .. That's why pretty much only soccer moms drive them.... (guilty)
But they still "looked" different until
The 4 door Jk came around... Half the time I can't tell them apart until I'm right up on them...

People can like / dislike whatever they want ... Especially when they have to deal with not so friendly design issues ... Try changing the oil on a early 90s Toyota Landcruiser:-(
I just take issue with people labeling others based solely on the vehicle they drive... A better indicator might be HOW they drive....
Even the "over compensate" comments...Whether it's related to Hummers or large tires/lifts....
Really? I'm a f-ng GIRL
What am I over compensating for?

And yeah pretty much all late-late model vehicles are a P.I.T.A. To work on in some regard...(I'll work on my Hoover Vacuum Edition YJ any day over newer stuff)
Bottom line:
hate the make/model...not the driver...

Personally I dont like where the oil filter is on my TJ.Mounted side ways on the passenger side of the engine.Once you get it off and most of the oil pours onto you,you then have to to turn it to fit between the frame rail and exhaust pipe spilling more oil onto you.Messiest oil change I have ever done.Not sure how you oil changers do it hot or if I am missing some trick.

The first gen H3 used the colorado drive train but the platform is based on the gmt 800 platform that GM used in 1/2 ton trucks from 99-06; second gen H3's including the alpha are 100% based on the GMT 900 07-current 1/2 ton truck platform.

That said, the H3 is actually a real good offroad performer; GM solved a lot of the short comings of the H2 with the H3 (generally poor steering and front end geometry and components) stock rear locker, optional front locker, 33" tires.

If you look at it compared to a Rubicon, they are very similar vehicles sans solid front axle.

There is no more of a PITA oil change than a 93-95 Mazda MX3. My wife, (then girlfriend) bought one back in college, you have to basically take apart the front of the car to get to the oil filter.

To answer some of the questions. . I was working alone yesterday so I had no worker bee. . And I never said anything about the offroad performance of the fugly h3. .and im not judging anyone because of what they drive it was a joke. .I knew out of all the comments I would get a ****ed off woman. Lol. Its ok nothing against you. .just a rant I did to let out some stress and maybe make my fellow jeepers laugh a bit. . To the guy that works at a lube shop, hang in there brother. . It only gets worse . .people can talk stats, facts, and tidbits about who made what but the h3 is just another overly priced gm product. .the Rubicon? It too is an overly priced hunk of metal with pretty paint and bad design. .but hey its a jeep so its ok lol. .go ahead cry some more that im making fun of h3. .IDIOTS. . LOL JK. To me when they stopped making the 4.0 they stopped making great jeepz. .now their only good jeepz ..anyways

I love Hummer H3s.
I love to pull them out of soft sand.
I love to pull them out of mud.
I love to pull them off the rocks.
I love to jump start them.
I love to watch them scrape their metal, sides and underneath, when in Jeep Country.
I love to do all of this with and from my Jeep.

I dont hate Hummers when they are lifted with big tires looks awesome specially the H3, I dont like when they are lowered with big rims...I work in Toyota and I think that manufacturers consider sell cars to satisfy the customer expectatives so many times the maintenance or repair issues are 2nd priority, so design and performance goes first than easy location of parts that are going to be changed ( they expect you will go to the dealer for any maintenance)

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Another eventful day at the shop. . I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MAKE A DEAL OVER SIX DOLLARS AND REFUSE TO LEAVE THE SHOP! I LOVE CALLING THE POLICE ON THEM!!. . That's right. . As a shop manager im forced to suffer with IDIOTS that believe a full service oil change should cost $9.99. But yet the same customer will pay twice that for a meal at a mediocre. Sit down restaurant. .oh yea don't forget the person Who complains about gas mileage but drives a monster truck! So this guy comes in a few weeks ago and asks for an oil change. .nothing off kilter yet. .just his routine service. .he says he wants high mileage oil. .at our shop high mileage is a $6.00 charge on the total amount. .so when its time to check him out he asks why he should pay the upcharge. I plainly and calmly stated that it was for the high mileage grade of oil we used. .he said ok and left. .no attitude no more questions. . So today he comes in again and says " oil change " and he uttered not another word. .he infact went inside the lobby at waited. .so I peel his sticker off the windshield and see what oil to use. .of course it said 10W30HM from the last service. .so when its time to pay I tell him the price and once again he gives me his credit card and I check him out! He then gets in his car and realized. He wants his 6 bucks back because he didn't ask for hm oil. . He refused to leave the service bay until I gave it to him. .so I gave him a choice. .leave or I call the law. .he chose the law. .who ultimately chose my side. .he left. . IDIOT! Turns out he owns an adult business and said before he left he earns in a year what I do in a a lifetime. Well good for you . .he's still an idiot and I still have is measly six bucks. . He's from india. . This is AMERICA

He's from india. . This is AMERICA

I'm not sure I understand what that last bit had to do with it.

I hate to say it but I am kinda on his side. You shoulda asked him what kind of oil he wanted and not just assumed that he wanted the HM again. I do hate people that throw around the I make more money crap. Insulting others just to make your life seem better is pretty low.

i am with holding any comments at this point because all off them will seem racist because they are all bad towards one group of people but that is who i always dealt with. i know that group of people are not bad as a whole, just the group i always dealt with were really rude towards americans

southtj said:
I'm not sure I understand what that last bit had to do with it.

I hate to say it but I am kinda on his side. You shoulda asked him what kind of oil he wanted and not just assumed that he wanted the HM again. I do hate people that throw around the I make more money crap. Insulting others just to make your life seem better is pretty low.

I'm on the mechanics side Every one knows that if you dont specifically say what type of oil to use they just assume you want the same as they had last time. They can't read your mind so they have to go off of what you got last time this is why they put those stickers saying what oil you use.

Back