in my town

jeepjeep!

In my town people are IDIOTS!
The majority of the people in my town are so stupid I don't see how daily life happens here. I don't see how they make it out the door in the mornings! Had to vent sorry! Old men in my town are in love with being RUDE and oil changes. Every three weeks! Whether its due or not! Old men in my town live for one thing, to get up in the mornings show up at the shop and in a crackly old voice say " just a oil change." Then they light up a cigarette and stand right over you and tell you " back in their day" they never changed air filters, air filters are just something they try to sell you. Ugh! I dread becoming an old man. .and when I do I wont be RUDE, and ill do at least the speed limit. IN MY JEEP! NOT A BUICK!

Since my wife turned 50, All i have to look forward to is getting my oil changed and telling youngsters how it used to be.

Just don't be a rude old guy. .I told you sonny I want that there pennstate earl! (Actually happened) was there ever an oil called pennstate! Lmao. .

Yep there was a Pennstate Oil.

Attachments

• 1_4f96aa6e24341bfdbbc6836af182522d.jpg
    1_4f96aa6e24341bfdbbc6836af182522d.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 155
ha ha ha. /\

the thing you have to remember is its hard to go from being the biggest and baddest guy on the block to the old guy on the block. sometimes people are scared and don't know how to deal with not being the one making the calls on stuff or running the show so in order to not seem scared, they say stuff to try and control the situation.

not everyone, just some people.

i deal with it a lot as a shop supervisor. i have a shop of mechanics. some have been mechanics since i was in elementary school. i got two guys who have worked here as mechanics since the early 80s. i have a bunch of guys who have been here since the 90s and a number of guys who started in the 2k years. a lot of hte guys are good guys but some have problems saying things without getting mad about stuff and i think its cause they know they are slowly slipping behind the curve.

i have (had, sorry) 29 guys this morning. i had to tell two guys i had to cut their jobs today. both are fairly old dudes and two of my best guys but they are contract help and i don;t have the slots to keep them. i have to tell 7 more people i don't have work for them either, sometime soon. sucks being the boss a lot of hte time because of this stuff. these two guys were cool about it because they are good guys. the next group isn't going to be so easy going as one of them is a problem guy and is one of those older guys who is kind of rude sometimes.

There's no excuse for being rude, but I will admit that getting old bites.

Just wait until you go to the doctors and he / she looks to you like a kid. It does take some getting used to.

Back