Son of a $^&#@

extra-medium

So I got a couple new tires back in September from Discount Tire. I went with the General Grabber AT2 in a 255/70R15. I had to order them since they didn't keep them in stock. I waited a week and they came in, got them mounted and balanced and everything was fine. Today however, I went back to Discount to order the other two tires so I could have a complete set. The rep at Discount said they were out of stock from their supplier, and they are back ordered. He called General Tires to see what the deal was and General said they are nationally back ordered with no idea of when they will be available. So now I have to wait even longer to get my tires, and living in Utah I can't use my 4wd since I have two different size tires.

Bummer. Check some local tire shops, where I live a few places keep those stocked from previous orders

They are back ordered through them also. I was going to call around to see if some of the lesser known shops around my area have them, but I have a feeling I am up a creek for a while.

My girlfriend and I had this discussion last night. We ruined a tire on her Cherokee and are having to wait for one on order to keep them all the same.

Wait for matching tires.

It would drive me crazy knowing different brands of tires were on my Jeep - even if they were identical sizes.

Back