what did you do for thanksgiving, after all?

superj

we did indeed go to rio frio but we stayed a bit longer then we planned. the kids and i went hiking along the river for a few hours thanksgiving morning and then my youngest son and i went riding with my dad along one of the three forks of what is supposed to be the best motorcycle roads in texas. i got some pics of the view from the top of the hill for you guys.

i was riding the 800cc yamaha and dad and jarrod were on the larger yamaha cruiser. i have never been a motorcycle guy but it was cool. it would be cool to do in the jeep also.

20111124132338-1.jpg

20111124132322-1.jpg

the two above are off one side of the hilltop

the ones from here down are off the other side

20111124132056-1.jpg

20111124132041-1.jpg

here are the bikes

20111124132520-1.jpg

it was really nice temperatures the whole time we were up there. 40ish in the morning when we got up and up into the high 60s into the evenings. really no need for a sweater or jacket during the light hours.

Beautiful Pics.
Thanksgiving evening My Three Children and Grandaughter came over and we played Xbox for a while, then visited until everyone left to go to the pre black friday sale.
Had a good day! Great to see my kids!!

I had some patients in the hospital, so I worked about 4 hours, then ate, then slept, then ate, then watched college football. Still drove my Jeep in to work though instead of the Dodge.

I was just glad to be able to my mom and dad.

I wanted to take the jeep and pull the trailer so we could bring the go carts but the water pump giving out made it so we had to take the pt.

I cannot wait till christmas to see my sister too. Haven't seen her in about 3 years

went to he mother in laws house and had a big dinner, then played monopoly until almost midnight.

i love monopoly but i cannot play it because i get to mad. no matter what i do, i always lose money on every roll because off the 10 slots with 7 of them not bought yet, i land on the three owned by the other players every single time.

play a game that required you to roll a certain number on the dice and i am good and can usually get it regularly enough that no one wants to play anymore but play monopoly and i always hit the bought property. i play the heck out of the electronic ones though because the rolling is done by the computer

I had some patients in the hospital, so I worked about 4 hours, then ate, then slept, then ate, then watched college football. Still drove my Jeep in to work though instead of the Dodge.

i have wanted to fix my jeep every day since the water pump started leaking and everyday, i have had to go somewhere. even tomorrow, we have a soccer tournament that will probably go from 0930 (our time to be there to warm up) till 1900 at night. well, probably not. we are playing the teams from mexico so we will probably get bumped out really quickly as they are normally a lot better then us american teams. (i am not physically playing, my oldest son plays, has since he was 4. he is 12 now and gets asked every year to play on these state teams and he says no every year because he doesn;t like driving every weekend)( i am glad about that too, i hate driving a lot)

I managed to shake the vertigo that hit me the night before as we were leaving the house for our beach trip. We got on the road at 10:00AM, and rolled into Hatteras at 3:40. I finished making the dinner my husband had already started, and watched stupid stuff on TV.

On the way down I kept close tabs on speed and MPGs... 14mpg at an average speed of 60mph. I was pretty happy! I did catch myself at 70mph a few times, but eased off. :)

i love monopoly but i cannot play it because i get to mad. no matter what i do, i always lose money on every roll because off the 10 slots with 7 of them not bought yet, i land on the three owned by the other players every single time.

play a game that required you to roll a certain number on the dice and i am good and can usually get it regularly enough that no one wants to play anymore but play monopoly and i always hit the bought property. i play the heck out of the electronic ones though because the rolling is done by the computer
I love my wife to death and would do anything for her in the world, but put a game of monopoly in front of me and she is on her own. Lol, I grew up learning to be as hostile as possible when playing it. Sadly enough though, I was second to go out.

I cooked the traditional dead turkey for dinner and shared it with wifeys side of the family. After we ate i got the yj out and gave the grandkids a ride out back and through the sand pit. Even let two of them drive for the first time ever. They had a hard time grasping the concept of a clutch but worked out ok in low range.

Last edited:
Back