Help me pick a jeep

Versatile

Hello, I need like a CJ5 or so. I need something with 6 cyl auto 4x4 that i can use a towbar with to go behind my RV. I only need a beater for very basic transportation. Tell me what to get.Thanks for looking.

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

Where do you live? In the north a nice CJ5 may be hard to come by.

My vote is 2007 and newer. I know that's not what you were looking at but factor in gas, and if you travel all ver heat and air is important. You can always take the roof off but what about in the snow? If your a family man I would say four door but considering that your vacation home comes with you you may not need the extra space that comes in a four door. I have a jk four door daily driver. Not a family man but definitely use the space. If your looking for a jeep to take some abuse then just shop around. The real question as far as versatility is do you want carpet? Radio? How water / weather proof do you need it too be? It seems you know what engine specs you want. I say get a price, a list of jeeps for sale near you and just consider the environments you'll need it to hold up in. If this is a vacation car you won't want to deal with repairs of any kind. All jeeps are great, but newer jeeps are reliable.

What area of Kansas City you in? I live in Wichita.

My vote is 2007 and newer. I know that's not what you were looking at but factor in gas, and if you travel all ver heat and air is important. You can always take the roof off but what about in the snow? If your a family man I would say four door but considering that your vacation home comes with you you may not need the extra space that comes in a four door. I have a jk four door daily driver. Not a family man but definitely use the space. If your looking for a jeep to take some abuse then just shop around. The real question as far as versatility is do you want carpet? Radio? How water / weather proof do you need it too be? It seems you know what engine specs you want. I say get a price, a list of jeeps for sale near you and just consider the environments you'll need it to hold up in. If this is a vacation car you won't want to deal with repairs of any kind. All jeeps are great, but newer jeeps are reliable.

What area of Kansas City you in? I live in Wichita.

I live in South Kansas City in the Martin City area.
My needs are just basic transportation so i don't gets stuck in the boonies like as in SE Oklahoma in the Qucihita Mts. Definitely no one around and i can't walk for squat. No radio,no carpet just a canvas cab etc. More concerned with the ability to use just a tow bar. Wanting nothing to do with a car dolly at all.

With most wranglers you have the ability to drop the transfer case into netural. Allowing you to tow them. I would recommend you look in the south west for a good cj5 due to the rust. Depending on your budget a good used, non-lifted TJ will cost will just about the same as an well kept early cj.

Sent from my Android using Jeepz

You'll have a hard time finding a CJ5 with an auto. Like Utah mentioned, I'd look for a TJ (1997 - 2006). They normally start at 5K, probably 6K with an automatic.

Or,,,,,,, just get a yj, ya baby!

If that Cherokee is a v8, it's a grand Cherokee. I would definitely get a yj and get one with a 6 and auto, just like mine, ha ha ha

Back