The emergency tool kit

ScubaDude

So I'm trying to figure out what tools I should be carrying with me on any extended road trips/light off road excursions. Say I'm too far away from home for help but the issue is not so serious that I need to take extreme action. So far I have a couple of screwdrivers a few wrenches that I've already used. The tools for taking the top and doors off etc.... I was wondering what was some of the stuff you guys carry on your rigs. What things are a must and what things can come in handy now and again?

You don't wanna know what I carry in my jeep. U joints. Fluids. Air tools. Driveshafts. Hub and bearings. Alternator rebuild kit. Bulbs. Lol. All of which has been used.

Vice grips, channel locks, crescent wrenches, tire plug kit, baleing wire, hammer, extra fuses, auto electrical wire with clips on the end, fast ties, duct tape, and a few more items.

I'm not into carrying extra parts because where do you stop? But I don't off road all that remote like the Sahara or someplace similar.

Ya. I'm into places of no return. Into the rockies. With the the dog and a rifle lol. Usually by myself. My old landcruiser I made an an engine bearing out of leather to get me home. It all depends where your going. If its a high way cruiser a socket set will suffice

I like to have a socket set, assorted zip ties, a big hammer, and an assortment of bolts / washers / nuts. I've seen several times where bolts seem to work there way out - on my last trip a guy lost the axle side bolt from his track bar.

I carry jumper cables and a cross lug wrench. If anything breaks while I'm out that means my jeep doesn't like me and doesn't wish to have a home anymore.

tool box, compresser, car jumper, jumper cables, mag light, first aid kit, duct tape, paper towels etc.

Back