1997 Grand Cherokee Body Molding Question

RKPFSU

The plastic body panels on my GC were faded when I bought it and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that I could use to restore the color on them?[addsig]

do you have the laredo (gray panels), limited (painted panels)?...

either way, you could probably just get some sort of wax/polish/cleaner stuff from an autoparts store and clean 'em up![addsig]

i had the same problem on my cherokee, not to mention a gaudy red racing stripe (sorry rob, you may want to stop reading here, i go in to detail about the REMOVAL of the stripe :p) mine are black tho, so i cleaned the molding up and taped everything off and busted out some nice flat black spray paing on there and sprayed them up.... looks PERFECT. made my jeep look brand new and cost me like 5 bucks, and when it wears ill throw on another coat. with the gray it may be a little harder to match the color right. your call, but its a cheap great looking way to fix that. oh and the rubbing compound will also probably work as nate suggested. dont EVER use a power buffer or anything with compound tho unless you have hours of experience with it, otherwise that stuff becomes high grit sandpaper.

edited by: jeepmaster, Mar 19, 2003 - 01:40 PM[addsig]

Back