emissions

duff

has anyone had any problems passing emissions with the Weber k-551 carburator installed on their jeep? i live in mass. and even though i know my 84 cj-7 with a 258 will run better, the D.M.V. does'nt allways see things clearly.[addsig]

Everyone complains that California is the worst state to live in and be a certified gear head, try massachusetts, where they not only check emisions, but through the car on to a Dyno to measure the exhaust output, and don't even give you a horsepower read out!

I would check with the inspection station because in massachusetts, any vehicle over 15 years old does not have to pass emissions any more, just the saftey inspection. Also check the DMV waebsite to see if your vehicle falls under any other loopoles (I can't spell) I know that one would be that they don't emission test all-wheel drive cars.

Mass jeepers gotta stick together![addsig]

a buddy of mine brought his 86 f-100 in for a sticker and it fail the "visual" inspection because it had headders on it. insted of takin them off he brought it to a different location and they passed it. go figure. where abouts in new england are ya? any good trails near ya? [addsig]

the only thing that could go wrong is that it runs too rich... in which case you can adjust it (lean it out) for emissions testing, then bring it back up to normal after you pass.[addsig]

North of Boston, There are a couple of places to gobut nothing great, mostly private land so we stay away. Head up to H and Maine most of the time!

You?[addsig]

up in Erving. a few miles from NH. where my back lot ends, the Erving state forest begins. there's a handfull of quad and snowmobile trails but not alot for jeepin. there is some areas we can go if we keep it low-key. i'm going to start lookin alot harder for local trails, there's gotta be something around.[addsig]

I have had lots of problems, Jeep has never run better but Missouri test station doesn't agree. Ended up paying the $250 ransom for a waiver. I emailed Weber and they told me it is running to rich and that a new jet is available. Try emailing Bud_Pauge@worldpac.com, he is the one that told me to check the settings and get back with him and he would recommend the correct settings and idle jet.[addsig]

Back