You know your a jeeper when....

Gennybro

Ya sell your jeep,but still have the chains,nerf bars,and jeep catalog, knowing that you're gonna be needing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

ruh roh, are you trying to tell us you sold your jeep?
Sure did,but they told me I could ride in the back:lol:. A friends son just got out of the Marine Corp after 16 yrs of service, he was over in Afghanistan and Iraq. He wanted the jeep so I gave him a good deal on it,3000 dollars. I want to get a 6 cylinder, the power issue and pulling capability of the 4 cylinder just dont get it for what I need. Had a helluva lot of fun with that 4 cylinder on the trails though,but I want to upgrade to the next level of getting serious about haveing a good jeep with lockers and power. I'm thinking of getting an xj for my next project. I originaly had plans on takeing that yj across country,but seeing the power it had on the hills and highway changed my mind about that.
I'm going to Colorado this spring,and plan on buying one out there,going to be out west for a year or so,just gotta see it. Told my mom about it this evening,her response was "you havn't had enough adventure". Nope never will have enough. I'll still be lurking here in the background,keeping an eye on ya all.

Cherokees are great trucks. Everyone I have had was a testimony to Jeeps history, even the grand Cherokee we hadwas a solid truck

Cherokees are great trucks. Everyone I have had was a testimony to Jeeps history, even the grand Cherokee we hadwas a solid truck
What size engine would you suggest haveing, pulling a small camper up hill with no problem?

gennybro said:
What size engine would you suggest haveing, pulling a small camper up hill with no problem?

i have an i6 4.0L an towed a camper for a couple years without any problems, anything smaller might be a chore

Here's my hunting rig. 4.0 l in the jeep. 33s and 4.10 gears. Tows alright. No v8 but I just keep the auto outta overdrive.

Attachments

• image-3660961598.png
    image-3660961598.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
I think you'll to much better with an XJ instead of a YJ or TJ, regardless of the engine size.

2000 XJ towing capacity - 5000 pounds
YJ is rated for 1000 pounds
TJ is rated for 2000 pounds (non-unlimited version)

Good luck with your travels. They've made a lota Jeeps, you have the oportunity to own any kind your heart desires. I had an XJ with the 4.0, mine run as good as most V8's offered these days. It was the best vehicle I've ever owned. I offered to sell it to a guy at work when it had 250,000 miles on it. He was afraid to buy it cause it had such high miles. I drove it several years after that run it up to 340,000 and nothing but normal maintenance. He told me "I shoulda bought it when I had the chance"! It run great when I traded it. Like I said, good luck hope it all goes the way you want it to.

When you have an iPhone with 5 folders of "important" and they are filled with jeep forums and jeep related bookmarks

when your on jeepz and leave a comment even though you dont really have anything to say just to bump a good thread back to the top

When ya have figured out what happily twisted is, and are completely happy with it.

Back