tire brands?

mcgrnr0013

what brands of all terrain tires have yall had the best performance out of with a pretty decent price im lookin for something under 150 a piece.

mcgrnr0013 said:
what brands of all terrain tires have yall had the best performance out of with a pretty decent price im lookin for something under 150 a piece.

Bf Goodrich at's last a long time. They work pretty good on everything except deep mud. By the way, how's that clutch doing?

Check out the GoodYear Duratrac.
129_0908_13_z4x4_truck_tire_techgoodyear-1.jpg

The Dura-Trec is gonna run almost $200 a tire but they are good tires. I got one to replace one of my tires for now and I wish I could get the other 3. I have General Grabber At2's. They are very similar to BFG's but about 2/3 for the price.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Check out the GoodYear Duratrac.

X20...these are hands down the best at's I've ever ran. On road in ice and snow you can't beat them, playing around offroad they're awesome. I've even used them in foot and a half deep or a bit deeper mud without loosing traction. They're a great all around tire and so far mine are still wearing very well with about 12k on them you wouldn't know it by looking at them.

I had Bridgestone Dueler REVO's on my previous truck, best all-around tire I ever had, good off-road, great in snow too, downside they wore out kinda fast.

Bf Goodrich at's last a long time. They work pretty good on everything except deep mud. By the way, how's that clutch doing?

ill have to check those out and i finally fixed the clutch, apparently autozone doesnt sell slave cylinders for it that are any good, so i went too napa and paid twice as much and its doing great :D

ill have to check those out and i finally fixed the clutch, apparently autozone doesnt sell slave cylinders for it that are any good, so i went too napa and paid twice as much and its doing great :D

they are definitely worth a look at. I picked up a used set (had maybe 5,000) of 32's for my old durango and put 20,000 on them and they barely had any wear.

i like the duratracs also. they were very nice every where i ever had to go, especially on the highway. but, the bfg all terrain ta were good tires also

i have some good year wrangler all terrains right now, they have not given me any trouble but i have only been off road on rocky terrain

superj said:
i have some good year wrangler all terrains right now, they have not given me any trouble but i have only been off road on rocky terrain

That's about the only place I haven't been with mine. In ohio we don't have an over abundace of rocks unless your counting glaceir rock...most of those are house sized...

For me, all I have is sand and then rocky trails up in the Hill country. Not monster rocks either, like desert trails with some small rocks on them type of stuff

I had Bridgestone Dueler REVO's on my previous truck, best all-around tire I ever had, good off-road, great in snow too, downside they wore out kinda fast.

:agree: Ran them for a while on both our TJ and YJ - great traction on wet/snowy roads and decent off-road, too. Ours didn't really wear out that fast.

where im at we got plenty of trails and lots of mud so i would need something that does well in mud and light rocky areas but also good for daily driving too. ha till i save up for another car

my main concern is fairly deep mud and wet road traction because my old yj doesnt have antilock brakes, maybe that will help narrow out a brand. thanks:)

Last edited:
mcgrnr0013 said:
my main concern is fairly deep mud and wet road traction because my old yj doesnt have antilock brakes, maybe that will help narrow out a brand. thanks:)

That's going to be a diffacult combo...tires good for really deep mud don't normally lend themselves to being great street tires...

How about the hancook dynapro atms vs general grabber at2 ? Any experiences good or bad with these? Wet weather performance? Offroad grip? I have to decide which tire im gonna go with! Iv heard good about both sets and like the look of both, im goin with 245/70/16 i have a BB on an 04 grand?

ive got a set of 30" bf long trail t/a, i feel like they perform well on and offroad but, they like to slip in the rain

Back