MY FIRST JEEP - Udate 1

ROade

Two weeks after getting my 1st jeep. An 82 CJ7 with 258 six,sr4 transmission, Dana 300 transfer case.32x11.50x15 Tires
Now , Ive allready replaced the sr4 with a Borg Warner T5,ripped out carpet,added new seats,fixed all guages,wipers,lights,etc..,lotsa clean up and buffed out the paint.
See My $600 Jeep Here !
My next step is to swap the 258 fror a 304 V8 that i also have. If anyone can give me info on ANYTHING I may need to know or tips of any kind I'd really be thankfull. ( this is my first jeep ).
After the conversion I'll be selling the 258, SR4 Transmission and an extra Dana 300 transfer case.Also i need info on doing a spring over lift. Ive noticed the front and rear axle housings allready have spring perches on top of the axles. Can I just move axle to fit under the springs ??? Steering and /or driveshaft mods needed?
Email any thoughts to RO66@sc.rr.com
Thanks
Ps: Heres a few pics of my Dakota too !
The GOAT!

edited by: ROade, Mar 22, 2003 - 10:38 AM[addsig]

You didn't by any chance forget a zero on that price did you? That was a steal at any price. Nice rig. [addsig]

No Mistake Only paid Six Hundred Dollars !
Needs a little tlc ,but noting major , biggest thing is new bearings and seals for the t5 transmission[addsig]

Damn it man! you should be arrested for stealling :lol: Really it a great deal. Sounds like you are on your way to having a killer rife. You might want to get in touch with advanced adapters, they have all you could ever want to do any kind of exchanges. And I'm sure the gang here can give yoou a ton of help as well. So with all that said, good luck nad enjoy. :cool: [addsig]

nice ride. i swapped my 6 for an 8 in a 84 cj7. can use the frame to engine brackets,just modify slightly/bolt holes/ used the engine mounts on 8 and had to play with stock manifolds slightly. watch d/side valve cover. under acceleration hit slightly on firewall. just dimpled firewall slightly for clearance. pretty much had a fairly easy swap. ran 84 auto trans. that didnt work out. burned out 2 and finally found older turbo 400 auto with dana 20 transfer from earlier jeep cherokee. pisser after that. good luck![addsig]

Back