Scam or no scam?

clydethepirate

This is an actual Craigslist add.
Jeep wrangler yj tuffy locking center console - $100 (South tulsa)

I have a brand new in box tuffy locking center console for a jeep wrangler. I bought it for a yj but I'm not sure if that matters. It has cup holders as well. I would take a picture but I don't want to open the box. It is all black. Asking 100. I paid over 150, but sold the jeep before I could install it.

Ok so I email the person and ask if the box has a part number on it so I could look it up on line and here's his response.

It's weird, it doesn't have any type or model or numbers on the box. Just says rugged ridge, Outland automotive, and omix ada which is the company. Sorry it doesn't help much

Is it just me or is this kinda strange?

Seems strange. I'd ask him to take a picture of the box if he doesn't want to open it.

i have the first one, i am not sure if its a rugged ridge but its not a tuffy and it looks just like it. bought it for 25 bucks on craigslist and it is not worth much more. the locks suck and the wood used to build it is balsa wood so you can turn the screws with your finger tips. but, the elbow padding is super thick and the cup holder fits the mcdonalds and circle k larges perfectly so they don;t spill. also, it reaches from 4x4 shift boot all the way to the little step in the back where your feet go so you lose a fair amount of foot room for the rear passengers.

Attachments

• 1995WranglerYJConsole_AirIntake_RearBumper_002sml.jpg
    1995WranglerYJConsole_AirIntake_RearBumper_002sml.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 396
how long are you guys center console? does it go all the way to the back seat? hows it mount also? i have to make the parts to go under this one i have

I guess I'd say "if you want to sell it, open the box, take a picture of the unit and send it to me".. then tape the box back up with packing clear tape!.. doesn't hurt it at all..

He finally opened it and sent me a pic then wanted me to put the money in his paypal account and he would send it to me.
I believe I will pass!

Back