What was Your First Jeep?!

wish i had pictures of my old jeep it was a 1980 cj5 had a 304 a dodge nv4500 transmission and a dana 300 transfer 44 inch irocks 4 link suspension king coilovers 20 inch travle 2 1/2 ton rockwells got rid of the 304 and put in a chevy 502put ina atlas 4 speed transfer streched the frame 20 inches rockcrawler hood locked front and rear hydro steering.....that why im doin the jeep i have now as close to original as possible dont want to cut them up anymoore

Mine was the 1973 full metal cab Jeepster Commando- C104. It had the 304 ,dana 30/44, th400. I think I put a 2''lift on it & 33's This was in the early 80's

First and current jeep got it before I was born, 1978 CJ5 I4.
I am currently restoring the small stuff ie, mirrors, dash lights, pull knobs.

Mine was a 1953 M38A1 with a swapped in 225 "Dauntless" V6. Sold it before I new what I had. Doh!!!!

Attachments

• LarryandJeepM38A1.JPG
    LarryandJeepM38A1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 297
I think the general consensus is that for those of us who no longer have our first Jeep, we regret it. No matter if we sold it or lost it to some evil SOB/c**t in a bitter divorce, it's all the same. There will never be another first, lol!

Christian

i am lucky though, my first wranglers were these two

201011151500221-1.jpg

the wife's 93 and my 87. had hers first because she wanted one since she was 19 (we met when she was 19) so i finally was able to get her one. then she wouldn;t let me take the doors off so i got mine.

Last edited:

My 01 TJ, Sahara edition with a 4L, black with a tan hard top, has been my first and only jeep, so far. I bought it used last year, only 42K miles on it. Got some rust and dings, gentle wear only. Been slowly replacing a few things on it and cleaning it up as I go. I love it. Haven't driven it in over a week, my dd is an 07 Charger, but I parked that in the garage and got the Jeep out and cleaned up tonight so I can drive it to work tomorrow.

My first one...1994 YJ. It was just cruiser and DD. Nothing special. Sold it at the end of 2000. No pics.

In 2010 I bought a 2003 TJ Sport. Wanted something to cruise around town in. Started to get into some trail riding and decided it was too nice of a ride to pound on... Sold it and bought a YJ... Again.
RockOngettingair40253-1.jpg

RockOnDirty-1.jpg

The night I bought it...
f4986fc1-1.jpg

I bought a 95 Wrangler 4.0 with my high school grad money two weeks before my 18th birthday. My 1st manuel vehicle and I drove it to the NC Outer Banks one week after the purchase. I lifted it 4 inches suspension and put 33's on it. That Jeep took me anywhere and everywhere before her life was cut short by a drunk driver. But her sprit will live on as she is going to be the power house for my frieds cherokee.

Bought a TJ but sold it to go back to a the YJ and I currently have a 91 YJ. I love my JEEP:D

My one and only... 1995 YJ. I will never part with it. I agree with all of you here, once you get the bug, it never leaves you. Cristian, you will get another someday when the time is right.

RockOn93 said:
My first one...1994 YJ. It was just cruiser and DD. Nothing special. Sold it at the end of 2000. No pics.

In 2010 I bought a 2003 TJ Sport. Wanted something to cruise around town in. Started to get into some trail riding and decided it was too nice of a ride to pound on... Sold it and bought a YJ... Again.

The night I bought it...

i love the front windshield lol (lets go 4 wheelin!)

Ghost Rider said:
My one and only... 1995 YJ. I will never part with it. I agree with all of you here, once you get the bug, it never leaves you. Cristian, you will get another someday when the time is right.
Oh, I may have typed something wrong. I do have one. I was without one for about 3 1/2 years, through my kids baby years then we just had to get another. I have a 2001 TJ now. The one in my profile pic. We have the wheels, tires, and body lift, but ran out of dough so now have to wait on the suspension lift to put it all together, lol!

image-1912285289.jpg

I think I have put this pic in 3 different threads now, I am in love with these tires!!

Christian

1978 CJ7 Golden Eagle
Hard top
258 3 speed
AM/FM 8 track player

It was awesome!!

Back