I messed up

MattMayTJ

So I got rid of my 97 wrangler about a month ago for a 2012 Jetta TDI and it's a really nice car with black leather and of course it's a diesel. The only reasons I got ride of the jeep is because I'm constantly taking road trips and I work 30 to 45 min from work and about twenty from school so obviously gas was killing me which is why I bought the TDI but I miss the jeep so much that I'm starting to miss paying for the gas also. Don't get me wrong I like the TDI but I loved the jeep so I have decided I'm buying a really old cheep beat up jeep with my tax returns and just having two vehicles. Moral of the story don't sell or trade your jeep. Your gonna regret it

ha ha ha, us older people already learned that the hard way, ha ha ha. too bad you had to also.

Go for the old beat up Jeep. I have two vehicles and it's pretty handy. Also it prevents anyone from borrowing my Jeep, if they ask I say yeah you can borrow the old truck.

My jeep used to be my daily driver, so I had to take it easy when I hit the trails so I could get to work on Monday. So I went and found me a cheap little commuter car. Ha ha now I have a back up plan. Lol

i need a back up plan. with the wife and i on different shifts at work, my shoes are the back up plan right now since her car is her ride

I bought a nice bicycle for a backup. Either 5 miles to the bus stop or 15 to the hosp. Not bad.

I'd like to be pulled over by an MP. Mmmm men in uniform. 'No officer, I don't have a weapon, but feel free to search me.' I should get a job on base... Okay, I need to take a break now.

superj said:
i need a back up plan. with the wife and i on different shifts at work, my shoes are the back up plan right now since her car is her ride

I did similar after I got the Jeep. I left my wallet with the one key I have in my husband's truck, and he was about two hours away before I figured it out. Had to have one of my employees pick me up for work.

Alright so I've been thinking about the jeep I'm gonna buy before the end of this year. I really loved my TJ but I really like CJs and I have never owned one what do you guys think I should get CJ or TJ, keep in mind I also own a 2012 Jetta TDI for my daily driver so the jeep would be more of a toy

I say get a TJ if you want to drive to the trail and beat on it.

Get a CJ if you've got a garage to store it in (I live in the rust belt and it would grow rust holes if you looked at it wrong). If you've got a really nice CJ, I don't think I'd have the heart to really run it on the trails (at least with body damage).

I've got a cj, and I beat the crap out of it. I'm also surrounded by the pacific ocean. So I get a lot of salt spray. My secret? Fiberglass body and undercoating. Rust is no longer a problem. Lol

I hear you, but I'm too much of a weenie to do a frame off restoration, slap on a fiberglass tub, paint it and wheel it. After all that work I'd end up rolling it out of the garage, buffing it with a diaper and rolling it back in.

TerryMason said:
I hear you, but I'm too much of a weenie to do a frame off restoration, slap on a fiberglass tub, paint it and wheel it. After all that work I'd end up rolling it out of the garage, buffing it with a diaper and rolling it back in.

Here's the best part. I got the cj already glassed and undercoated for one grand. It only had minor problems, running wise. So there are deals out there. It just takes patience and a watchful eye.

Back