The time has come :(

extra-medium

I am waving the white flag of defeat. My registration expired yesterday and I don't have the cash to fix the stuff on my Jeep to get it past inspection for another year, plus the front end feels like it needs some work, so last night when I got home from work I cleaned it out, took the tags off, and listed it for sale. As for a replacement car, I am just hoping to get something decent but cheap. I'll probably start just trolling around here and not posting as much unless I get another Jeep. An in case anyone was going to say it, this isn't an April fools prank.

That's a bummer. Are you going to let people test drive it, or just sell it as it sits?

What exactly is wrong with it?

That's a bummer. Are you going to let people test drive it, or just sell it as it sits?

What exactly is wrong with it?

I took the tags off and I am canceling the insurance tomorrow. People can drive it around my neighborhood, but I won't let them take it much further.

As for the things that are wrong, it needs the oil filter adapter leak fixed (I have the o-rings and torx bit, just don't have the time), front drive shaft joint needs fixed, and it would need a driver mirror to pass inspection. Once the drive shaft were fixed it would need 3 more 31" tires so they are all the same size, or 2 more 255/70/15 tires. Other then that it is just cosmetic stuff that needs to be fixed like the hood, grill, bumper and paint. Inside the center console lid broke off so it doesn't flip up anymore, it just lifts off.

I will probably regret selling it, but with my current financial situation I need the money to pay bills.

sucks that your sellin it timbo but i know your doin it for the right reasons i also know you will have another one some day shit is just real tight right now brother good luck witht he sale

Just a heads up that the driver side mirror is only $35 if that's all that it's lacking for inspection:
96-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Heated Power Door Mirror Left LH Driver Side | eBay

They have fun house mirror stuff you can buy from Autozone that will get it past, but I can't afford anything right now. That is just the stuff off the top of my head, it could need more things, I'm just not sure. It sucks, but life likes to give me lemons without the ability to make lemonade.

I am waving the white flag of defeat. My registration expired yesterday and I don't have the cash to fix the stuff on my Jeep to get it past inspection for another year, plus the front end feels like it needs some work, so last night when I got home from work I cleaned it out, took the tags off, and listed it for sale. As for a replacement car, I am just hoping to get something decent but cheap. I'll probably start just trolling around here and not posting as much unless I get another Jeep. An in case anyone was going to say it, this isn't an April fools prank.
I'm gonna jump smack in your shit, if you dont stay active Bro, Hey we need you. Your a jeeper such as I,we had to give up something that identifies who we are. We did it because that is what had to be done, there is much honer in that. We need you dude.

I will still be around and probably post as much as I usually do, but just like the Durango, Explorer, Caprice, and Mustang boards I have been on, I usually drift away after a while.

I understand if things are real tight, you gotta do what you gotta do. Believe me, I've been there. It don't cost a thing for you to post though and I'd hate to see ya up and leave with your Jeep experiance. Could be somebody comes along that needs to pick your brain. I may need your opin on my junk. Don't kick us to the curb man!

I had to list a good friends Jeep on C-list 2weeks ago. He's going through a divorce. He hated to sell, I hated to list it but things were awful tight for him. He'll bounce back though, you will too. Hang in there.

I will still be around and probably post as much as I usually do, but just like the Durango, Explorer, Caprice, and Mustang boards I have been on, I usually drift away after a while.
If ya drift away to far,be assured that some one will be throwing a rope out to ya.

Well I had to lower the price $500 and sold it today for $1000. It was kind of sad to see it leave my driveway, but in my current financial situation, I didn't have any choice but to sell it. I gotta pay some bills off and get back on my feel and hopefully I will be able to get another one.

My first jeep was a 75 cj5 which I had when I lived in Florida. I sold it to chase a skirt to Alabama, wrong move. REgreted it ever since. It's gotta be a damn good reason for me to sell a jeep again, and a pretty skirt is no longer on the list and never will be. I had to sell my jeep last November because of financial reasons, I really hated to see it go, but it was something that had to be done. I think about it once in a while " did I make the right move". The answer is yes. So I don't have the regrets about selling it as I did for my first jeep.
After selling it, I had mixed feelings about being on this forum since I no longer had a jeep. But then I asked myself why did I come to this site in the first place. It's to learn about a machine that i truely love, It's something that identifys who i am. So I come here to learn and help others if I can. I'm gonna get anouther one,no doubt in my mind about that. It's just a matter of when I shall be able to do it. In the mean time I shall continue to educate myself about the little beast. "Jeepers never die, they just go through hell and regroup."

Y'all are pulling at my heart strings. I don't ever wanna let my baby boy go. I don't wanna hear that other ppl had to get rid of theirs unwillingly. I was happy today and now I am sad.

I would love to get a WJ Grand Cherokee, or some sort of wrangler, but it will be later on down the road, probably after I finish school.

Back