Do people pull out in front of you

I don't think it's a Jeep thing. I think the world is full of idiots and they like to pull out in front of all of us good drivers. ;)

Just this past weekend we were in our LR4 about to go through an intersection when this woman must not have seen the large black truck coming decided to turn left in front of us. I literally stood on the brakes with both feet while laying on the horn and just missed her. You know all those times you've said, "I wish there was a cop around"? Well, there was one right behind me. He didn't hit me but he did light 'em up and went after her. :D

some people just cut it way to close, im a little guilty of it myself lol then again you almost need to be brave enough to floor it and get infront of someone on pine island rd. durring rush hour, traffic is horrible

Bad drivers don't bother me. I'm an EMT, so they keep my paycheck coming. Lol. Seriously though, its a mystery how some people survive on the road as dumb as they are.

some lady this morning did it to me.

i was in the school zone, cruising along at 15mph and i see a white tahoe with its brake lights lit up on the right side dropping kids off. i see her look in the mirror so i am thinking this chick saw me, good, but i say out loud to my son, i hope that chick saw us. i am about a car length away from her. she floors it and flips a u-turn right in front of me. i slam on the brake and the horn at the same time and she looks out the window and waves and speeds off. if that was in a non-school zone, her new tahoe would have a jeep imprint on the driver's side.

i reiterated to my son the importance of watching people's mirrors when they are on the side of the road and anticipating their movements. i figured she was dumb enough to try turning but was hoping she cared enough not too.

Yep, everyday. Seems to happen more when I am driving emergent with many Red and Blue bright blinky lights and a wailing siren and with an air horn for that little extra umph. Then their eyes fill which ever window they are looking out of and you can read their lips saying "OH $#!+". Funny thing is, when I am not drivig emergent people get the hell out of my way. Wonder if they are like moths and get mezmurized by the bright blinky lights....

Stopping a 14000 pound ambulance isn't an easy thing to do.

Bacon

I like to pull out immediately behind emergency traffic. Hang on the skirt tail of a traffic stopper and fly by everyone who has pulled over.

Yeah Bacon, moths are a good way to describe people. I know for a fact our siren is easily heard over a mile away, yet a car in front of us can't hear it...
TrailratedRN, when we get tailgaters we call the Fuzz, lol. There is some entertainment in getting someone a ticket or arrested.

As an ER nurse, chances of me getting a ticket r slim to none. I know the street police who routinely come to the hosp to take statements on assault, mvc, and gsw, etc. No sensible cop is going to give a ticket to the person who could potentially be standing over him tomorrow with sharp objects and life saving equipment while he lie on a gurney naked and bleeding, at least that's what my officer acquaintances tell me. We're a loved and feared profession. Lol.

People probably get p****d off when they pull out in front of me, I usually just turn on all my aux lights and they're pretty bright...

TrailRatedRN said:
As an ER nurse, chances of me getting a ticket r slim to none. I know the street police who routinely come to the hosp to take statements on assault, mvc, and gsw, etc. No sensible cop is going to give a ticket to the person who could potentially be standing over him tomorrow with sharp objects and life saving equipment while he lie on a gurney naked and bleeding, at least that's what my officer acquaintances tell me. We're a loved and feared profession. Lol.

Yes there are some perks of being a healthcare provider. My job has gotten me out of several tickets.

Here in NorCal we get it too. Everyday on my route to work I pass a concrete batch plant. There is one company that must tell its drivers to pull out in front of traffic because it happens all the time. When you flash your lights at them they give you the finger and start swerving back and forth in their lane. That company must hire nothing but Adam Henry drivers!!!

Just came into Ohio a couple hours ago and couldn't help but lol as I saw my brothers and sisters crossing four lanes of traffic with no turn signals and barely half a car link behind them. Beautiful, just beautiful. I may be freezing my azz off right now, but I have missed home.

Think I am going to get a nice train horn to keep em on their toes.. lol ;)
Get ya an old 6volt horn from a 40's model car and hook it up in place of your factory horn. It wont last long but it does freak people out when you lay down on it. You put 12 volts thru them old 6volt trumpets and it's deafening.

BLUEGRASS Yj said:
People in Kentucky will but when i have to replace my bumper and they have to replace their car they will understand not to do it again.

My Jeep has consumed 1 Dodge Stratus, 1 Dodge neon and 1 90s Nissan pickup due to this. They really don't learn. Drove away from all of them whereas none of them were even running. Reason #125465378 why I drive a Jeep.

Just came into Ohio a couple hours ago and couldn't help but lol as I saw my brothers and sisters crossing four lanes of traffic with no turn signals and barely half a car link behind them. Beautiful, just beautiful. I may be freezing my azz off right now, but I have missed home.

Got passed entering a construction zone in town this morning. The guy in front of me had left too much room between him and the flagman.

Should have been here for the wind yesterday. I think I got negative mpg.

I have been driveing 50 cc scooter around town and occasional short trips 0n country roads,cannt beat the mpg. Only does about 40 mph, but good for around town. Constantly watching for idiots to pull out in front of me at the last minute. Been a few times I was wishing that I had a little more power in that plastic pony to be able to catch up to one of them. It's hell haveing road rage on a scooter.

Well... Today I tried to merge onto I10 and it was a fairly short on ramp and it was uphill on an overpass. There was an 18-wheeler on my left and a guard rail on my right. He stomped the gas at the same time I did and my little four cylinder lost... Slammed on the brakes, skid about 10yds and had to choose: the 18-wheeler or the guard rail. I chose the rail.

My little jeep climbed up the side of the interstate and almost put me over a 60ft drop. Blew out my tire, bent my lower control arm, bent my bumper and brand new fog lights (just put them on this past weekend!!) bent my tierod and popped a dent in my fender.

I'm glad I wasn't in somethin other than a jeep, I definitely would've been dead. Other than some muscle soreness, I'm perfectly fine. I just wish that truck driver wouldn't have been an a-hole maybe done a courtesy stop just to see if I was okay. Better yet he probably shouldn't have cause I was p****d and I probably would have come out swingin...

Back