My rough Jeep build

clydethepirate

Been working on a new wooden toy Jeep.
It's in the very early stages and pretty rough looking but It will come around to look pretty good.
Here's what I have so far.

Attachments

• Photo533 (2).jpg
    Photo533 (2).jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Photo529 (2).jpg
    Photo529 (2).jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Photo530 (2).jpg
    Photo530 (2).jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Photo535 (2).jpg
    Photo535 (2).jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 685
That's really cool. I can't work with wood to save my life. I do ok with metal. I've been thinking of setting up a piece of sheet metal in the mill and milling out a grill and headlights. Maybe building a box around it and putting a light inside.

Here's one I built for my son he had a wood working project at school

Attachments

• image-1403497914.jpg
    image-1403497914.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 261
  • image-1955199639.jpg
    image-1955199639.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 1,117

They both look great and fun. Kevin your tub looks like it shifted on the frame and at full articulation you tires will rub the back of the wheel wells.

those look awesome guys i made a truck out of cardboard once lol it looks pathetic next to your wooden jeeps, i gave the truck to my sgt.maj in jrotc ill see if i can get a picture on monday

This could become intresting, who could make the best looking jeep. and say 6 months from now show your stuff.

Oh mine is going to be looking good when I get the pattern all made up.
Would this competition be Jeeps that children can play with or like a static model?

man, those are both cool.

i cannot play. wood and i are long time enemies who attempt to injure each other every time we have to get something done

man, those are both cool.

i cannot play. wood and i are long time enemies who attempt to injure each other every time we have to get something done
There's all kinds of material to use besides wood,clay,metal, plastic. Just get creative.

Oh mine is going to be looking good when I get the pattern all made up.
Would this competition be Jeeps that children can play with or like a static model?
Could be for any thing, kids to play with ,decorative with perhaps some kind of function. I was thinking of makeing one about 2 feet long to serve as a flower pot, but also have lights in the headlights to serve as a night light on the porch, maybe put little red lights in the back for tail lights. Maybe have it hooked up with an electric eye so that it moved a little when someone got close to it.

In the lead is sahara707 with his jeep mill , hot on his tail in 2nd place Ga jeep family. The pirates in there,think he had to stop for a body lift.

Back