funny,strange ,wierd stories.

One year my family and I we're driving down I5 in Oregon and way up in front of us we saw what appeared to be a piece of cardboard fly up in the air. As we are watching it flying through the air we realize its not cardboard but a hood. The car it came off had pulled over and the driver was standing there looking back with the biggest eyes I have ever seen.

Was driving my 65 pick up one day up the 309 follow some guy on a Harley when his friggin muffler fell off..as it bounced off the road I thought for sure it was coming through the window...but it bounced right over and into the bed of my truck. Didn't stop, still got that trophy.

Last edited:
I had heard of folks catching catfish with their hands,supposedly the catfish back themselves into a hole and you can reach in and grab them out.Don't know exactly how it works catching catfish that way. But as a kid growing up in the catskills in upstate NY. I learned how to catch trout with my hands.Dureing the day the trout like to go underneath large rocks, Well you can stick your hand in there real slow till you feel one,very slowly as you feel the belly of the fish,you work your way up to his gills and latch on to them. Caught a lot of fish that way. Didn't know it was against the law till I got older. One day I was out fishing in the stream and I spotted this snapping turtle,and decided to try catching him. Well the darn thing goes up underneath one of those type of rocks that I would eyeball as being a good one to catch trout at. I poked at him with a stick for a bit,he bit the stick up pretty good,but couldn't get him out. Got to thinking about what if I had stuck my hand up in there for fish, and he happened to be in there. Never had the desire to finger fish after that.

mate was inside a car in Australia bunch off kangaroos on the road ,said they were doing 70mph ,all but one moved ,he jumped straight through the windscreen ,then kicked the crap out of the driver ,got to the side of the road all jumped out ,the roo as well ,,the driver recived 80 stiches ,broken nose black eyes ,and also black and blue ribs ,car was ok tho,, funny stuff

WHAT! No bodys got any stories. I got some really good ones from my 20's when I was on devils path. But I dont want to share those.

So was riding with a friend in his lifted F250 sitting on 44's heading up to strawberry lake to do some trout fishing. Bouncing along he spys a jackrabbit running along a snow fence. With those famous words of watch this he swerved onto the side and Mr Rabbit was no longer in the land of the living. I said Jack*** what did you that for?

I didn't get a response, you see Mr Jack Rabbit had one final trump card to play. You see when Scott hit the rabbit,by chance one of Mr. Rabbits bones went through the bottom of Scottys tire and came out the side wall. All conversation was cut off as he wrestled the truck to a stop.

So here we are 20 miles from no where with no spare. I invented a few choice words at the time. So we started walking back to the main road, we only got a mile or so when we got rescued from a local fish and game officer. He called a tow truck and drove us back to scotties truck. Scott received three things that day. A huge tow truck bill, a equally expensive new tire bill, and a very expensive fine from fish and game. You see as we waited for the tow truck Mr. Fish and game listened to Scotties story, walked back following the tire tracks....

To this day I always wondered how the fishing was that day, and Scottie...well he didn't get to find out for three years. He lost his hunting and fishing privileges for those three. Jackrabbit...oh I mean jack***.

I have nothing but desrespect for senseless killing. If I'm not gonna eat it, I'm not gonna kill it. Killing for personnal safety is an exception to that code of conduct.

gennybro said:
I have nothing but desrespect for senseless killing. If I'm not gonna eat it, I'm not gonna kill it. Killing for personnal safety is an exception to that code of conduct.

When I was stationed overseas we used to run over crabs that were all over the road. We didn't eat them, but we couldn't avoid them. Sorry, :(

ralavoie_417 said:
When I was stationed overseas we used to run over crabs that were all over the road. We didn't eat them, but we couldn't avoid them. Sorry, :(

Same thing happened to me when it was flooding around here except it was frogs

Yeah thats a little diffrent scenerio,you didn't go out of your way to kill the critter. I guess I am biased when it comes to frogs and crabs,insects and things that go bump in the night,colateral casualties in the game of life. In my early 20's I was going to this votec school for machine shop,I was hitching a ride with this guy that was also takeing the course since my car was tore up I had to reliy on him for transportation to the school. He always brought his dad along whom was an elderly person, and I rode in the back of the car. On the way there one day, there was this groundhog {we call them woodchucks where I come from} in the middle of the road, in our lane of travel. The guy had all the time in the world to slow down,but didn't slow down at all and ran it over.There was this sicking thud as it hit the underside of the car. I felt like I couldn't say anything at the time cause I needed this ride.But to me that is the most sorry a$$ed excuse for a person that I have ever seen.

thats what i hate also. i stop, honk, drive in the other lane, or whatever to avoid running over animals and birds.

i remember one time i was driving from lake livingston to onalaska texas, where we lived. i was cruising in my 76 buick regal with my little brother, windows down and radio up. we see a little brown squirrel running down the side of the road next to us, just keeping pace with us and we laughed at how funny it was. suddenly he made a 90 and cut in front of us and all we heard was a thump. we stopped and went back and he was laying on the side of the road with his feet kicking, like he was still having a nice run. i guess he tried to cut across in front of us and hit the tire and it broke his poor little squirrely neck. he looked so cute when he running next to us and it made me feel so bad that he was dead now.

i really hate when people hit animals for fun or shot birds. i never see people do that when i have a pellet gun in my hands, oddly. i guess god is keeping me out of trouble in that respect.

we have three squirrels that live in our palm tree. they are hilarious. they jump form the palm to the oak tree and then to the power lines. the cats think they are going to catch the squirrels but i just don;t see it happening because hte squirrels keep their eyes open anytime they are near the ground and they have a little code noise for when the cats are around, a little funny barking noise. so once one barks, they all put their tails up and watch out.

The area I grew up had a bridge that would get closed a few times, in the spring, due to the Mayfly hatches. No, it wasn't visibility issues. It was that the bridge deck was metal grate and the squished bugs would make the surface slippery enough to cause vehicles to crash on the bridge.

who woulda thought bug guts could be such a problem lol

superj said:
thats what i hate also. i stop, honk, drive in the other lane, or whatever to avoid running over animals and birds.

i remember one time i was driving from lake livingston to onalaska texas, where we lived. i was cruising in my 76 buick regal with my little brother, windows down and radio up. we see a little brown squirrel running down the side of the road next to us, just keeping pace with us and we laughed at how funny it was. suddenly he made a 90 and cut in front of us and all we heard was a thump. we stopped and went back and he was laying on the side of the road with his feet kicking, like he was still having a nice run. i guess he tried to cut across in front of us and hit the tire and it broke his poor little squirrely neck. he looked so cute when he running next to us and it made me feel so bad that he was dead now.

i really hate when people hit animals for fun or shot birds. i never see people do that when i have a pellet gun in my hands, oddly. i guess god is keeping me out of trouble in that respect.

we have three squirrels that live in our palm tree. they are hilarious. they jump form the palm to the oak tree and then to the power lines. the cats think they are going to catch the squirrels but i just don;t see it happening because hte squirrels keep their eyes open anytime they are near the ground and they have a little code noise for when the cats are around, a little funny barking noise. so once one barks, they all put their tails up and watch out.

i hit a baby bunney when i was mowing the yard when i was 11... i cried so hard, i hate that sorta stuff, poor little thing probibly heard the mower and hid in the tall grass thinking he was safe :(

but my dad cheered me up by saying he hit a snake with a mower once and felt bad till he saw a baby bunny squirm out of its jaws and run off untouched.

Back