funny,strange ,wierd stories.

Gennybro

This happened to me shortly after i got my first jeep. Had taken it to a shop to have the drivers side wheel bearing replaced. Had driven it a couple of days, it seemed fine. Then the damndest thing happened. Was driveing on Atlantic boluvard in jacksonville Florida, 4 lane highway,up hill grade. The darn wheel and axle starts comeing out of the jeep,it happened so fast,I'm wondering what ta hell. It comes completely out of the jeep, the jeep slams down onto the pavement, The wheel and axle keeps on going passing the jeep. I am just totally stunned as i watch my tire and axle proceed uphill on this 4 lane highway,then it stops. Starts rolling back down the hill, perfectly balanced like someone is guideing it.I'm like totally freaking out thinking there's gonna be an accident and somebodys gonna get killed.{Didn't have the commonsense to try to catch it as it came back down the hill}Just sit there in the middle of the road and watched as the tire and axle rolled back down the hill and passed me going in the opposite direction.Watched it to see where it went,and pretty as you please it makes a left hand turn into this side street and dissappears.I'm like OH ****, put the jeep in 4 wheel and pulled it off the road ,then went looking for my wheel praying nobody got hurt. Found it about a 100 feet down that side street sitting in the middle of a driveway. I'll never forget that day.

I had a similar thing happen with my Harley Davidson. I was driving up highway 309 and there were these kids jumping on a trampoline and when I went by my muffler fell off. by time I got stopped and turned around it was gone!!
Kids said they never seen it...... I'm still watching those little *******
I know they have my muffler

Ok I got one. Me and my son went fishing one Sunday morning, bear in mind this fishing in Hawaii on the coast, so we're driving in lava fields and jungle swamps to get to our spot when I hear a loud snap come from under my cj. Crawled under couldn't see anything wrong. Kept going and had a good day of fishing. Started to get dark, and we had about 5 miles of trails and 15 miles of highway to get home so we left. Got home washed off the jeep and went to back it in the garage and it would not move. Left the engine running with it in gear and looked under to see the driveshaft turning but no movement. Put it in 4 wheel drive,And parked it. started to jack it up to see what broke and the wheel fell off ! Axle was snapped clean off at the flange. How we got home with the axle like that only god knows

i was driving my karmann ghia on the causeway, coming off the island, and the wheel starts kind of jerking a little bit, every few seconds. what the hell? suddenly the wheel jerks hard right and i start heading off towards the laguna madre. i jerk it back and jump out and the right wheel is locked up. turns out the bearings are held in with a washer that has a tang that rides in a groove to keep it from turning and tightening. the tang had broken off and the washer and nut tightened down and locked that wheel bearing up. it was a crazy bit of riding once that happened.

i also saw a dudes tire come off on the highway, the opposite side of the highway and a fair ways up the road. cristina and i were driving and we both looked and said what the hell? the tire came off, got rear ended by another car, flew up and over the median fence, got hit by another truck, and then flew up so high in the air i couldn;t see it anymore. i don;t know where it went or landed but i was pray ing to god it didn;t land on top of our our truck

Was riding up highway 309 one day and saw a bunch of kids bouncing a harley davidson muffler on there trampoline.

I had a wheel hub break on me once. I had a 65 1/4 ton chevy pickup fully loaded with wood. Started going down the mountain,{now this road down the mountain is a 4 lane road that is fairly straight down to the base of it which is about a mile and a half} I hear a clunk noise and the break pedal goes to the floor. Had my wife and baby daughter with me, told her what happened,that we did'nt have any breaks. As we started picking up speed, my wife starts screaming histerically. Figured it would not be a good idea trying to ride all the way to the bottom of the mountain. About a 1/4 of the way down there was an intersection from a side road,thought I gotta go for that intersection and get it in the ditch to get it stopped. Was praying that no vechicles would be there . Wasn't any one there,and I went for it. Don't know how fast we was going,it was a pretty good clip though.Flew across the intersection and hit a bank bounced off that ,crossed the road and ended up in the ditch. Got out of the truck expecting to see it all smashed to hell,but surpriseingly there wasn't any damage. Firewood scattered all over the place. One scary ride. Got the truck home the next day and found the wheel hub on the rear drivers side had broken,had a big crack on one side of it.

About 4 years ago I was driving my tj down the sun coast parkway, a major 4 lane DIVIDED hwy going into tampa. It was about 10 pm and i was heading south. As I was driving over one of the many small hills on that road all I could see was headlights coming straight at me. There was a semi next to me and neither of us had much time to react. He veered as fast as he could to the shoulder sand a crapwent flying everywhere and I swerved into the right lane just as this old guy went flying past us in his buick without any idea he was doing anything wrong. We immediately pulled totally over made sure the guy in the truck was ok and called 911. Seconds later we saw about 4 or 5 state troopers flying down the road heading north. That's probably thecraziest thing I have ever encountered driving.

I was sitting at a stop sign behind a car on ragbri one year and the car in front of me (car A) pulled out I front of a car going at least 55 (car B) then all of the sudden they both go flying into a ditch and car A ended up underneath car B in the ditch turns out the girl drivin the car A was drunk at about 9am but it was nuts never been that close to an accident

When we moved from Texas to north Carolina, in 99, I was pulling a trailer behind our pick up. We were in bad traffic on that loop around new Orleans because they were doing some kind of construction. Anyways, I am in the habit of watching the mirrors because you never know if the guy behind you is paying attention. I was in the right lane and I have to come to a fast stop and I am watching behind me and the dude build us isn't slowing down. I floor it and pull off into the grass on the right and that dude slams into the car that was in front of me. I don't know what that dude was doing but his big old 3/4 ton truck almost went over that little Toyota. Man, I was shaking for a while after that.

Scariest one I had was when I was riding an ATV in the Oregon dunes. We were all in line riding one behind the other.We hit an area where tree branches hung down a little. Looking ahead, I saw the top 1-2 feet of the person in front of me's flag/whip hit the branches and then the next thing I saw was what looked like an arrow coming right at me, bam, pain. I stopped, took off my goggles, rubbed my forehead and then noticed my hand was bloody. I grabbed the flag, fired up the atv and caught up with the group. They checked out my head and found I had a puncture "right between my eyes". Not enough for stitches, so not too bad. Good thing for thick skulls. An inch left or right and I sure I would have lost an eye. I looked at the googles and they had a perfect hole completely through them the size of a pencil. I checking the flag and saw the ding dong owner had whittled it down with a blade from 5/16 to 1/4" so it would fit in their holder. That person never even said Yikes, sorry or boo! I still have the goggle lens in my trailer as a momento.

I'll play: last september I had just picked up my son from the exwife and was going to take him to the fair, but heading down the hill thru town my clutch pedal fell off an just laid there on the floor. I killed the engine an had to coast downhill into a parking spot. It wasn't hard to fix but I had an impaitent 5yr old who REALLY wanted to get to the fair...

Haha these are some funny stories

My uncle was traveling on a highway in Houston Texas, he was driving his pick-um-up truck and pulling his camper behind him. As he was driving down the highway he hit a few good sized bumps and then noticed that his camper was disconnected from his hitch and sparks were flying! As the highway curved to the left his camper began to pass him on his right. So he said he pulled behind it and followed it until it reached the side of the highway where it then began to roll and tear apart into a million pieces. When it all came to a rest he was sitting in his truck on the side of the highway looking at all his clothes shoes underwear socks scrubs etc sprawled out over the grass along with his demolished camper. LOL he says that from that incident he will NEVER forget to hook up the safety chains and lock the hitch in place when he tows anything ever lol

oh man, we almost had that happen with a car we were towing.

a buddy and i pulled a race bmw to the scales on base, to weigh it. on the way home, the bar on the right side of hte front bumper that was part of hte hitch came off. we were doing about 55mph when my buddy asks if the car was hooked on good because it was in the lane next to us. i look back and crap!!! it is almost next to us. one of hte bars was still hooked up. he asked if i wanted him to stop and see if hte bar would hold at the funky angle it was hooked with or if i wanted to try and jump into it and stop it. we had about half a mile of road before a good curve so i said to try and slow down and pull it to the left side of the road, to see if it would slow down and not snap the bar off. it slowed down alright but the bar jerked forward and the car slammed into the passenger rear quarter panel on his three day old 3/4 ton chevy. it really tore the truck up but didn;t do anything to the 84 bmw 325e. anyways, when we got home and checked, the weld on the tow hitch was still good but the bar had snapped off just above the weld.

i would've jumped in and stopped it, just like chuck norris would've done, but we were running out of road. ha ha ha.

I was stationed in north Carolina. One weekend I was driving back to camp lejeune. It was late and I was tired. I kept nodding off, it didn't help there was nobody else on the highway. As I drove trough a small farm town I saw something run into the road. Bam! I hit it. I stop to check it out and prayed I didn't kill somebody. I see it was just a pig. I didn't see any farm or anything do I figured it was a stray.
I shoved it off the road and took off to the base. I got into my room and knocked out. A couple hours I hear someone banging on my room door. I open the door and see the biggest scariest looking trooper I had ever seen. He asked me if I had run over a pig, I told him yes. I guess it's a crime to kill livestock and not let the owner know. He arrested me. All I could think was how did they know it was me. So, I asked the trooper how he knew it was me. He told me the pig squealed...

Lol

Back