Two spare soft tops...

southtj

The top on my TJ was about 8.5 years old and the velcro wasn't sticky any more and the stitching was coming out in places so I bought a new one from one of Jeepz vendors, Morris 4X4. Problem was that the drivers window was almost impossible to zip in. I had to get a hook on the zipper and pull as hard as I could. I was afraid it was going to tear.

Well after some discussion with Bestop it was determined that the top was sewn incorrectly so Morris 4X4 quickly sent me out a new one. I'll be installing the second new one this weekend but the question is what do I do with all this spare sailcloth material I will have sitting around. Two soft tops worth. Should I make a sail? A coat? A tent? :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

Yeah, I guess I'll try CL for the new one and just toss the old one in the trash.

Anyone near Memphis want a brand new soft top skin without windows. Drivers side window slightly missewn?

I'd say hang on to one of them. I run my top with no windows and a duster all summer long. Rain never gets in the cab and the duster keeps everything out of the back. Or heck you could even market it like this. It isn't the best picture, but you'll get the idea.....

IMG_1568-1.jpg

Back