Scale RC

bugleboy

hey everyone! i was just wondering if any of you guys were into scale RC or any other type of radio controled hobby? like boats, planes, or trains? I have been watching a couple friends from the sidelines for a while and i am excited to say im getting my frist RC scale rock crawler on friday and i was just wondering if i could talk RC with any of you.

heres the little 1/24 scale rc crawler im gonna pick up this friday (friday is payday and these little trucks arnt cheap)

its a LOSI 1/24 scale trail trekker

its 4wd locked diffs the works should be a nice new hobby for me to take up

image-2406498368.jpg

Attachments

• image-3618207755.jpg
    image-3618207755.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image-3806562508.jpg
    image-3806562508.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 259
im done with jeep mods for a little while, just got a tune up and the jeep runs great, cant think of anything i want to add yet so ill invest in another hobby for a little bit lol im not neglecting my jeep, just got her a tune up some new wipers and i readjusted my headlights today, my cherokee is still my #1 :)

chase the neighborhood critters with th RC rig. I was watching some one operate one of those airplanes, that looks pretty cool to me.

i built one of those big rc planes one summer. spent all summer building it and then on the first flight, i had the controls set 180 out so when i pushed what i thought was up, it nose dived and blew up on the concrete. that was the last rc plane i ever messed with

These are my R/C hobbies. The helicopter is a 600 class (4 1/2 ft). I also have a 450 class and currently building a quad copter ( That X looking thing hanging on the shelf). The 600 is powered by a 6S 22.2volt lipo and the quad will have a 3S 11.1volt lipo.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    687.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    718.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    629.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 130

SteelHeadz said:
These are my R/C hobbies. The helicopter is a 600 class (4 1/2 ft). I also have a 450 class and currently building a quad copter ( That X looking thing hanging on the shelf). The 600 is powered by a 6S 22.2volt lipo and the quad will have a 3S 11.1volt lipo.

thats a bit more sereous than my little air hogs heli i had lol it was about 5 maybe 6 inches long perfect to fly inside lol but that sucker went down if it was by an air vent when the ac kicked on

those quad copters are sick man i saw a guy using one at jaycee park one day

superj said:
i built one of those big rc planes one summer. spent all summer building it and then on the first flight, i had the controls set 180 out so when i pushed what i thought was up, it nose dived and blew up on the concrete. that was the last rc plane i ever messed with

bummer man, i dont mess with planes either lol im not a good rc pilot

gennybro said:
chase the neighborhood critters with th RC rig. I was watching some one operate one of those airplanes, that looks pretty cool to me.

the truck im buying is a crawler so you can believe my dog wont be able to hide from it lol im gonna be crawling couches and countertops, thats one of the reasons im getting the small scale one, so i can use it inside

i got it today and im gonna rig up this 1966 charger body to fit some time this week

I saw this thread and had to go dig out my Losi Mini-LST2. We moved in Dec and I hadn't unboxed it yet.
LOSB0217LE-6.jpg
Maybe I should look into something slower like a rock crawler so i don't keep breaking wheels. :redface:

lol ive had mine for a few days and i love it, it amazes me how well this little truck crawls allover the place, also sence its a 1/24 scale its small enough to crawl around in your house, i have just as muck fun setting up crawling courses from books, shoes, tools, etc, as i do running the course after i make it lol its well worth the money

Last edited:
dang, thats one badbass rc truck, those things are built to take a beating an just keep going like nothing happened, on another note the guy with the heli may have invented a new fun way to mow his yard lol upside down heli mowing lol

Oh no ****! That looks like a fun little truck. I have a losi mini-t and mini high roller but they cant climb up nearly as steep of a incline.

Back