Removing decals

Jeep#3

What would be the easiest way to remove decals off the sides of my TJ in order to replace them with new ones? Anyone have any methods or procedures?

Thanks!!![addsig]

I have a 94 YJ sport SE That had those ever so masculin hot pink and green spash stickers down the side. I let the jeep sit in the direct sun for about an hour and then used a heat gun and removed them. Then I washed the area off with some NAPA bug and tar remover, then waxed the area to protect it![addsig]

If you have a pressure washer then you can probly get them off that way. :wink: Sully[addsig]

Thanks for all the good suggestions! Those old decals are HISTORY![addsig]

they can get hot, but I got this awesome milwalke (how ever you spell it) heat gun from when I use to install car stereo systems, 4 different heat settings pretty cool tool!

God I love tool's, almost as much as the jeep![addsig]

i just yanked the emblems and stripes off my jeep altogether... i like it better that way...[addsig]

NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE NOVICE

Mine had 'Wrangler' on the hood for the benefit of those who didn't know what it was, apparently. It too was a very masculine 'splashy baby blue'

Took a torch to it. Melted those puppies right off. Had to be careful, though not to set my belle aflame. No paint damage, no history except for the shadowing from 11 years of sun baking the area around the decals. :-(

By the way, i've been welding TIG/MIG/Stick/Oxyacetylene for three decades and knew what the potential dangers involved. If you want to use a torch, or only have a torch, it can be done but you must seriously be careful bring an open flame around any gasoline-fed vehicle.

Or, boom :-O

blue[addsig]

Back