Man cought on camera beating his child with a belt because he cant catch a baseball

yeah sence when does a kid deserve punishment for lack of coordination? not something that was the kids choice

That is what the issue is originally about, and I totally agree that if that is what the youngster was being punished about ,it was totally out of line for the parent. But at the end of that segment,the guy is asking "is it right or wrong to hit your child". So we forgot about butthead and started running with the issue of "corporal punishment". Like a lot of other threads,we tend to branch off in anouther direction,but we did not get totally off track. Anyway we voiced our opinions and it really is an issue to think about, if you do belive in the use of " corporal punishment".Please think before you act. Myself, I have never used a switch or a belt on a youngster, firm hand on the bottom sides usually got inapropriate behavior modified.

hit the nail on the head lol exactly what i meant, corporal pinishment is a topic, theres no question the guy in the video was out of line, i just suggested a topic for us to talk about
Why is this being dragged out and put through the ringer again,starting to sound like politicians.

I say we call this thread dead, closed and let's move on to other things.... We are never going to agree on all issues. If we do, we have problems!

not only did I get hit by my parents,but also any other parent in town if I acted up in front of them.I am not against the spanking with in reason.The thing I dont like is him being beat for not catching the ball.Back talk,smack to the face,some thing worse may be belt time,but to hit him because he didnt catch a ball? My be the step dad should be beat for not teaching him the proper way to catch the ball.

maybe he is dealing with child protective services as they have probably seen the video now too

it was on national news and he is not allowd to see his child again till he goes to some anger management classes and his family now has a case worker

Back