Wish me luck

Best of luck, Bounty!! I know you'll be back on the board and posting up some great pics!

Wow, that looks crazy! Have you been training for it for a while?
Yes, been training for many months now, figure more pain in training is less pain on the course. I've done a few Warrior Dash events, they're fun but at 5k they're just not long enough and obstacles not gnarly enough LOL.

Maybe it's a mid-life crisis, as I turn 40 next week, but I'm enjoying working out and running more now than any other time in my life.

You can drop your jeep off at my place while you are out of town, will keep it safe till you get back. Good luck my friend.

I'll drop my MJ off, then you can install the lift, winch, and 4.3L:shades:

Wish I could take my YJ, the Badlands Park is a lot of fun. This weekend will definitely be from a different perspective.

I'll drop my MJ off, then you can install the lift, winch, and 4.3L:shades:

Wish I could take my YJ, the Badlands Park is a lot of fun. This weekend will definitely be from a different perspective.
Lift and winch no problem...but you might end up with a 4.0L instead of that 4.3 V6

Wow, good luck to you! I look forward to hearing all about it. I'm 45 and in better shape than I've ever been but there is no way I could do that. Well, I could do it I just wouldn't finish it. Or survive it. :lol:

Thanks all, I'm getting really excited. The weather is really looking good. My girlfriend and I are taking my dad's 35ft 5th wheel camper, so at least I'll be comfortable part of the weekend:mad:

Bounty, can you let me know how it was. I memtioned it to my brother and we are both interested in doing this, at least once. I was going to sign up for the marines when I was 18 but my father, a 15 year military police staff sargent, talked me out of it. I have always regretted it and have wanted to at least go through the military basic training so this will be about as close as I will ever get, and im not getting any younger at 43. They are having one in KY in oct and thats the one we are looking into. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

southtj said:
Give us some details! How'd you do?
I did great, owned all the obstacles and ran the entire course, even the long loose hills. We finished in 3hrs and 20min. It was one of the hottest TM's on record.

We were in waste deep mud a few times, with wet concrete consistency that didn't want to let go. A female up in front of me says 'hey this rock is moving' so the guy behind her reaches down and comes out with a huge snapping turtle. That adds some fun to the course Haha.

Back