Bike rack

oldrider

Recently bought and installed a hitch towbar , pretty easy job. Now done that I thought of getting a bike rack on it, it will have to carry 2 mountain bikes. I'm looking at these: Hitch Bike Rack - Hitch Mounted Bike Racks Now I heard somebody say once that better to have one for 1 bike more (3) so there is enough spacing... Is that really necessary? Thanks

Not necessary, but it does make it easier (I have to put the front of the bike on opposite ends for them to fit).

I bought a bike rack for my Jeep, but the spare tire was too large, and the rack won't fit. I suggest measuring to see how far the rack will need to stick out to allow it to clear the tire.

When I had my jeep I had a Rack that just attached itself to the spare tire and it worked great I would show you a pic but I accident restored my iPhone and and it erased all my pics

I've been looking too. The spare tire sticking out seems like it could be in the way. As mentioned, also thought about getting one for 3 bikes to allow more space for just 2. The spare tire one is a good Idea, but I really like the tire covered up.

Mine is for 2 bikes. I like it just fine. My rack mount can be adjusted, at the point where the mount folds up, to slide it farther away from the jeep and make room for the tire. When the rack is down and I have bikes on, there is no problem with space. When it is folded up, I have it on the last notch, but it makes it to the lock point. If I go to 35's I suspect that I will have trouble fitting the bike on the rack closest to the tire.

Back