2013 Wrangler

Congratulations! You had more willpower than I did, I couldn't wait for the 2013s! Let's have some details! Color? Options?

I ended up getting the base 2DR Sport Model (23B) in Deep Cherry Red. The only options were the Connectivity Group, Tow Package and the 3.73 gears. I was going to get the "S" Package, but didn't really need power windows and door locks, however, the power mirrors would have been nice! The Connectivity Group came with the leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and I found a set of five 17" Moab Aluminum Wheels with the 255/75-17 Wranglers for $400 on Craig's List. They came off a 2012 Unlimited and had only been on it for 2600 miles! I can't really find anything else other than the tire/wheels and leather steering wheel/shift knob that came on the "S" package for $2295, so I think I probably saved close to $1800 going that route! Looking forward to hearing what options you got on your new Rubi!

Attachments

• 2012-07-29 19.20.59.jpg
    2012-07-29 19.20.59.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 17

Love the color Paul, looks great. I went with the green Rubi like in the picture on the first post of this thread.

2 door
Commando Green
4.10 rear axle
Connectivity Group
Front seat side air bags
Uconnect
430 Nav.
Trailer Tow
Slush Mats
Deep tint windows
Power convenience group
Manual transimission

I really battled on what to get as I really won't be offroading that much but when I do it will be nice to already have the lockers, etc. I probably won't keep this one as long as I did my TJ and probably won't be doing many mods either so I figured I'd buy it like I want it. I also had a tough time even deciding to buy a new one because I really do still love my TJ. That will be tough seeing it drive off with its new owner. She has served me well over the last 9 years and will serve her new owner equally well I hope.

I also had a difficult time choosing options. I was going to get the Rubi bare bones. No fancy stereo, no power stuff or connectivity group as it is a Jeep you know. More to go wrong. But again, I won't be offroading that much and might as well have it nice. I did forgo the heated seats but I'm kinda second guessing that now. Ha, I'll live I guess.

The wait begins.

Glad you got what you wanted. Why get a Rubicon if you are not going to take it offroad?

I have a coworker who bought a rubi, never before been offroad. Didn't know the added capabilities meant anything special. I have been trying to get him off of the pavement for a year now. He came to me about the jeep... because the whole hospital knows what a fan i am... and I explained his dashboard switches to him. lol. He told me he'd like to try it, but he keeps chickening out.

I did the same, it was a realy mental battle over getting everything I wanted and keeping the cost reasonable. It came down to the fact we use it mainly as a tow vehicle behind out Motorhome and a fun run-a-round on the weekends. I'd still have the TJ if it hadn't gotten possesed by an intermittent gremlin! I felt I was just throwing parts at it because no one could diagnois the problem. I couldn't, in clear conscience, sell it to an individual with an intermittent problem, so we traded it for the new one. Figured the Dealership was better equipped to fix it before they sold it. Anyway, cost won out and we found one with what we felt were the must have options, (connectivity, towing, and gears) while keeping the cost to less than I got for the Prius I recently sold. So, the trade value we got for the TJ was actually cash in my pocket.

We looked at a Black on Black Rubi with the same options you're getting. It was really tempting, but in the end, we went with the Sport. Since adding the 17" tires and wheels, I couldn't be happier! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the Commando Green when you get it!

Glad you got what you wanted. Why get a Rubicon if you are not going to take it offroad?

Not going to take it offroad MUCH.:D I don't live near any good places to offroad besides mud but we will be going out of town to some good places every now and then. There is nothing more frustrating that trying to get up that hill and have your tires spin because you're not locked.:evil: There were quite a few times that i've regretted not getting the Rubi when I bought my TJ and it was usually when I couldn't make it up that hill. Yeah, I could add them to my TJ but I'm ready for a new vehicle and this time I wasn't going to spend the next X number of years wishing I had got the Rubi instead of the Sahara. Besides it was only a few bucks more a month.

Not going to take it offroad MUCH.:D I don't live near any good places to offroad besides mud but we will be going out of town to some good places every now and then. There is nothing more frustrating that trying to get up that hill and have your tires spin because you're not locked.:evil: There were quite a few times that i've regretted not getting the Rubi when I bought my TJ and it was usually when I couldn't make it up that hill. Yeah, I could add them to my TJ but I'm ready for a new vehicle and this time I wasn't going to spend the next X number of years wishing I had got the Rubi instead of the Sahara. Besides it was only a few bucks more a month.

I'm going to be interested in see how your gas mileage goes with Fuelly when you get your new Rubi! I know my has dropped now that I have the larger tires and wheels, the dash reading has already dropped from 22.3 to 19.5! I'm guessing calculated it's going to be more like 18 mpg. I was getting a fairly consistant 17 mpg with my TJ, but I was hoping for a bit better out of the new JK, hopefully it will improve as it breaks in!

Since I know you guys have been wondering about my new jeep :roll:, here is the update. It won't go into production until next month then I'll be able to track it at www.chrysler.com/vots

So far I've ordered:

Rock Sliders from Ace Engineering
TrailMesh from SpiderWebshade
Rugged Ridge Tube Doors from Quadratec
PIAA driving lights also from Quadratec
and a few other misc items. :D I think I'll try and wait until it arrives until I order anything else. :redface: I'm spending the money I hope I make when I sell the TJ.

Back