So people ask me about my Jeep

L33TJ33P

Does Jeep make a 4X2 Jeep anymore? I know they had the DJ and a couple others, but what about now?

Why?
People keep asking me about my Jeep, and One of their questions is, "Is it 4 Wheel Drive?" I always ask in return, "Does Jeep make a 4X2?"

Well, do they? :-? [addsig]

yeah... unfortunately.. they have.... :-( :-( [addsig]

The Grand Cherokee and Cherokee are/were available in 2wd. Maybe the KJ Liberty too? Never known of a stateside Wrangler or CJ made in 2wd.

Pinaplebob, where in IL you at?[addsig]

my chilton's manual mentions halfwheel drive (2wd) wranglers[addsig]

Not only were there 4X2's made, i'm driving a company vehicle, 2000 Cherokee 4L auto with a 4X4 badge on the fender over the rear left wheel and the rig is a 4X2!

I called the local dealer and asked them how common is this. His response (sales manager) was that it's very common. Jeep has done this for years. He added that he believed it was because Jeep wanted to keep the image of the 'all-terrain 4X4 beast' visible to the public while improving the ride and comfort as well as economy to the buyer.

How do you guys feel about that?

blue
[addsig]

Can’t imagine - AND the dealer knew about many others that had this phantom 4X4 badge on a rig with a solid front axle.

Let's consider a class action suit.

Here you are with your major babe, tooling down the trail. She smiles and says, 'gee, honey, aren't you scared we'll get stuck in that BIG MUD HOLE up ahead?'

You, being cool in your new Jeep 4X4, lean over, smile back and say, 'Hey, baby, not to worry, 'we're in a Jeep and we'll use the 4-wheel drive and go right through it.'

But, you didn't see that the front axle shift arm was missing :-O
[addsig]

My first job at the company I work for was sub-assembling front axles for DJ's. We built a ton of postal vehicles back then.

It's all big business marketing... when it comes to selling trucks it's all about image and cash.

They would sell their mom if they could get a badge and pin stripes to stick and a few bucks for her... [addsig]

Back