4x4 Trip, Sierra mountains.

RudeDog

Went on my 2nd big 4x4 off road trip this weekend. Went to the mountains near Shaver Lake Calif, elevation 8000ft. It's nearly all granite hillsides, boulders, layered slabs (serious rock). Wow, beautiful country, bluest sky's, pines and good people... wow! :shock: Did I say wow :shock:? Well, It's been awhile since this flatlander has hit the mountains, too long (dare I saw wow again!) Did a lot of pretty serious wheeling. Got to really work the ole wrangler rubicon out and see what it can do. The 4-1 transfer case (low gearing) and the lockers really kept things safe & sane. In a few really rough area's I had to do a couple drive-arounds due to not having a lift (yet). Awesome time and the Jeep came back intact. My hats off to one of the 4x4 clubs (The Trail Busters) who took the wife and I under the wing, and under who's watchfull eyes kept our trip safe, enjoyable and one will "forever" remember! On the 1st run my wife was pretty freaked out. White knuckles on the factory oh shiz (dash) grab handle, but after about an hour she calmed down and really started enjoying it. So much so that she voluntarily deceided to go on the night run 8)! Also did the raffle and won some much needed goodies: High lift jack, c02 air tank, tools Etc. This event was really incredible for her & I. It was a great experience, and it has even opened her eyes as to how benifical some addl mods would be :D.

A couple

ForumRunner_20120625_133204.png

ForumRunner_20120625_133240.png

ForumRunner_20120625_133348.png

ForumRunner_20120625_133427.png

pics.

man, thats badass!!

i miss those cali views from up in the mountains. we used to go to bigbear all the time when i lived there in jr high and high school. once you get above the brown layer of smog clouds, its beautiful

that's amazing. too bad I live in Florida. I'd love to wheel in that environment

Back