Last person to comment wins $20

I've never hugged a tree. What does it do for you when you do it? Do you feel affection? Do you feel grounded to the earth? Do you feel you are as one with the plant? I'm really curious.

If your curious...go do it. Don't be afraid, and if you are, get a friend to go along with you.

image-missing.png

It's different for everyone.

treecat1044-1.jpg

cat_climbing_a_tree_1574R23055-1.jpg

image-missing.png

Last edited:
If your curious...go do it. Don't be afraid, and if you are, get a friend to go along with you.

image-missing.png

It's different for everyone.

treecat1044-1.jpg

cat_climbing_a_tree_1574R23055-1.jpg

image-missing.png
To me hugging a tree is a little wierd,but that is just my view of it. I had one person that I played chess with and he is into all this spirituality kind of stuff, and he told me that hugging a tree makes him feel grounded to the earth.
So you are the second tree hugger I have encountered and I wanted to know how it is with you.

To me hugging a tree is a little wierd,but that is just my view of it.

So have you hugged one yet? You'll never know until you try. It's like the scene in the movie'How to Eat Fried Worms' where some of the boys are discussing the challenge. Something like this:

"You know, think of the first person who said,"I'm gonna eat a chicken."Then he ate it and it was just a chicken."

Oh well, lets just drop it if your not gonna be forthcomeing about it.

You have hugged one haven't you?

You are correct. Sit here haveing my coffee and do recall hugging a tree at the age of 19. I didn't like it at all.
I had gotten hold of the gear pole climbers use to climb telephone poles. Strapped the spikes on my feet,put the belt around the tree, and up I went. Had gotten about 30 feet up this ash tree when I lost my footing and slid all the way back down the tree while hugging it.
My father inlaw happened to be outside and seen my slide and sit there and laughed his a$$ off.

You had a father-in-law at the age of 19?

Had a similar time with a climbing tree stand and a freezing rain storm. The stand dropped about 6 inches while 20-25 ft off the ground. I spun around and grabbed the tree and clung to it. I was glad the tree was there despite having a safety harness on.

Back