Thread: Finally back

Finally back

I have internet at home once again. Is there anything I missed in the last couple months?

2. Re: Finally back

Welcome Back...... Pretty much the same thing going on here.

Re: Finally back

Bout time ya got back! Good to hear from ya. How are things on your end?

Things on my end aren't too bad. I started full time work, looking to get a new ride at the moment. I can't decide exactly what I want, but I am leaning towards a 2002 Mustang GT I have been looking at. If that doesn't work out there is a 1999 Cherokee that I might go after.

Oh, funny story. Back in April when I sold my Jeep I sold it to this Spanish couple. I knew they were going to fix it up and then turn around and sell it for a lot more. The police department here has a volunteer program that I am in and part of that I can write parking tickets. I was cruising down the road and was going to one of the problem areas where people were parking in a no parking area. I saw a Grand Cherokee and didn't think anything of it, got out and wrote the ticket for parking in a no parking zone. One of the other volunteers working that day pulled up and got out the first think he said was, "hey, this looks like your old Jeep." I looked down at the wheels and tires, looked at the body and where the dents, scratches, and peeling paint was and said HOLY $#!T. I just realized I wrote a parking ticket on my old Jeep.

Haha

Glad things are going good, good to hear from ya. My sons wanting a Mustang, just hope he buys something I don't have to fix.

Well the mustang didn't happen. Every one I found that was in my price range either had too many miles or was beat to hell. I ended up getting a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by extra-medium View Post
    Well the mustang didn't happen. Every one I found that was in my price range either had too many miles or was beat to hell. I ended up getting a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer AWD.
    My son gave up on the mustang quest too. He just bought a '92-S-10 with a 383 stroker motor in it. That'll worry me! A guy at work has a Mountaineer, he loves it. He says it's amazing in the snow.

Well the down side to this thing is there is no aftermarket products for it in the way of a lift or leveling kit that I have found. Looks like it will just be a drive to work and hit the occasional dirt road once in a while.

Yep, have to just sawzall the fenders a bit to get the tires you want on it. Modify a Jeep winch bumper for the front. Screw yourself a lightbar with a few KC's on it. Maybe add a rollbar inside for when you get the itch to really cut loose. Yep bring it over, I'll get some beer.

With an AWD transfer case not having an option to have 4 high or 4 low, I wouldn't want to try to do much off roading in it. I wasn't sure about it, but the independent front and rear suspension is nice though. I think I found some leveling coil overs from rough country for around $200 a piece.