Average cell phone bill down to $47

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Sooo...
The cellphone industry trade group issued a report last week saying the average monthly cell phone bill is $47. It included a helpful chart showing how far bills have fallen during the past 10 years.

cell-phone-bill.PNG

Full report here

I don't know about you guys, but I pay $176 for me and my wife's cell phones (family plan, android and iphone). Does anyone here pay $47 a month for your cell phone?

$266 for 2000 mins, 4 lines (3 android with internet and data packages and 1 standard phone) on Verizon
Wish mine was cheaper...

Sent from my DROID 2 Global

I pay $30. a month but it's a unlimited text,unlimited long distance,unlimited local pre paid cell it does its job , its no droid but at least I know what my bill is every month

I have a samsung galaxy. Unlimited min. Text and data. $43.75 a month and it uses verizon towers. No contract.

The words "Local" at the top of the graph might be the catch. Ten years ago, few had texting and data plans, but many do now. So while your local calling cost may have decreased, it's been replaced with texting charges and data charges, much of which is prepaid by the block. Those graphics look like something the cell phone industry is using to try to fool regulators about the cost of cellular service (it does not take much to fool regulators/government EE's).

its a prepaid phone ya get them at any wallmart no hidein charges ever i have had the service for 3 years now sam price for the last 3 years has never gone up

Straight Talk is what I have also...I have an auto debit set up so I don't have to worry about the bill...if you buy the $45 card that's the cost plus tax...but since I do the auto debt it $43.75 or something like that but not over $45. You can also buy the phones on amazon for a lot cheeper than at the store...my phone was $179 at walmart $129 on amazon.

Straight Talk is what I have also...I have an auto debit set up so I don't have to worry about the bill...if you buy the $45 card that's the cost plus tax...but since I do the auto debt it $43.75 or something like that but not over $45. You can also buy the phones on amazon for a lot cheeper than at the store...my phone was $179 at walmart $129 on amazon.

its the best phone service i have ever had how about u

I love it...we had verizon b4 and straight talk is definitely the way to go...the only thing is, where you live determines what phones you can get...we live in a small town in Wyoming and our phone options are limited. In larger cities though there are a lot more options...but I really do like my phone and service.

I looked into smart talk (yesterday after you guys mentioned it), but it appears that you can only have some of the older android phones, and no iphones. Still looks like a good deal, but it would be hard to talk the wife out of her iphone.

I looked into smart talk (yesterday after you guys mentioned it), but it appears that you can only have some of the older android phones, and no iphones. Still looks like a good deal, but it would be hard to talk the wife out of her iphone.

hey terry its straight talk not smart talk lol it might just have been a typo but there is a phone out there by smart talk to

oops,
yes, it was straight talk that I looked into. I'd probably switch when our family plan was up if my wife could get an iphone with them.

yeah i do know u can use the atand t phones with them and some of the verizen phones im going ta check and see if ya can use the i phone soon cuz i really like the iphones i want one

Back