2014 Jeep Cherokee-Liberty revealed

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
2013-jeep-cherokee.jpg

Article by Allpar:

Seeing the first shot of the next-generation Jeep Cherokee-Liberty without Alfa Romeo body parts (withdrawn by request), a sleek, modern-looking design is apparent; Jeep has finally given up on the boxy XJ look, functional though it was. Instead, a modern crossover look, quite likely with state of the art aerodynamics, minimizes the apparent size of the unit-body SUV, which is based loosely on the Dodge Dart dimensions and architecture. The rendering, by Susan Rand, shows the new body — the extreme front is speculative.

2014-jeep.jpg

The car is expected to have off-road capability specifications close to those of the current Liberty. Though it might not be as tough or versatile as the original XJ, and will likely rely on technology to get it through tough trails, the next-generation Cherokee/Liberty (“Liberkee” — the actual name is still unknown to us) should still be more than a match for any competitive vehicle in its price range. The interior is said to be fairly roomy, but cargo space is sharply limited.

2014-compass.jpg

The engine range is expected to include, and might be restricted to, the upcoming 3.2 liter version of the Pentastar V6, coupled to a nine-speed automatic transmission (possibly as a late-availability option); it might, though, use the six-speed Hyundai automatic coupled to a clever Magna Dynamax all wheel drive system for its Trail rated version.

The DynaMax AWD system, currently built in Korea by Hyundai, uses an electric oil pump to create pressure, applying a multi-disc clutch to move torque from the front wheels to the rear differential. As more pressure is applied, more torque is shifted back. The computer uses the steering angle, car’s speed, throttle position, wheel speed sensors, and the clutch oil pressure to calculate the front-rear torque split.

Read more here - 2014 Jeep Liberkee: the Italian-American Liberty / Cherokee

2014-liberty-turbo.jpg

2015-compass.jpg

muffler.jpg

ZF-9-speed.jpg

I don't see that replacing my XJ! The biggest problem I have with the "modern crossover look" besides being ugly(IMO) the visability tends to be horrendous.

now how am I going to hop the boarder fence in that:funny:

Looks like it will have about the same amount of storage behind the rear seat as a two door wrangler.

Back