EDC thread, its about time.

superj my dad is a perfect model, he worked in corrections and got a permit, the gun spends 80% of its time locked in a safe, but he does carry when we go on long roadtrips thrue touns we havent been thrue before and in other sotuations, i feel safe with my fists, or (god forbid) a knife if i had to but a gun would be there incase a situation arised where one would be needed or for personal piece of mind when in a strange new place, at least thats how i think of it

jeephreak said:
Keys, iPhone, wallet, Spyderco Police Model

how do you like that spyderco? i was thinking of getting one for camping but the blades look a little funny to me, and i like having thumbstuds

My girlfriend and I have legally carried concealed firearms for 15 years. She is ex-law enforcement, and we both train regularly. My weapon is always on my side. It is a personal choice and a big responsibility if one decides to carry for protection, and not for everyone. There are many reasons a person may want to be armed. We live in a very remote area. A few years ago, I was able to stop a Pitbull attack because I was armed. Just recently, I hit a deer on a remote highway in my Jeep. The animal was down in the middle of the road, still very much alive but unable to get up because of a broken back. I had to put it out of its misery so I could safely move it off the highway before another motorist came along and hit it. It is my sincere hope is that I will never have to use my weapon to defend my life or that of a friend or loved one in as a result of a violent crime, but I am prepared. My only intent is for me and my loved ones to return home safe at the end of the day. Other than that, there is nothing to be gained from engaging in a gunfight. Whether the odds are 1 in 100, or 1 in 1,000,000 of becoming a victim of a violent crime, those numbers don't mean a thing when it happens to you. Sadly, I hear good law-abiding citizens talk about where it is safe to go, and not safe to go these days. In this great county of ours, it should be the bad guys that are worried about finding a safe place to go.

Oh, reading glasses (sometimes two pair) to the EDClist

Keys. Wallet. Sunglasses. Colt 45 compact...why? Safety of me and family...and im tired off hearing about gunmen RELOADING while they are shooting people that are watching a movie or eating their food.

bugleboy said:
how do you like that spyderco? i was thinking of getting one for camping but the blades look a little funny to me, and i like having thumbstuds

I like them. I have 3 of them (different styles). The police model is 16 years old and still like new. I prefer the thumb hole as opposed to the thumb stud. The studs will get caught in the pocket stitching for one. User preference I suppose.

jeephreak said:
I like them. I have 3 of them (different styles). The police model is 16 years old and still like new. I prefer the thumb hole as opposed to the thumb stud. The studs will get caught in the pocket stitching for one. User preference I suppose.

that was what i was wondering i like thumb studs, but then again ive never used a knife with a thumb hole so i might be missing something without even knowing it, im thinking of getting a spyderso for camping

Back