FLUSH MOUNT TAIL LIGHTS.

wride

I really like the look of flush mount tail lights, and are a sinch to install. But does anybody have an idea for a license plate light. I would say the hell with it, but I need one for saftey inspections. [addsig]

If you look on the bumper to most any older Pickup truck you will see a small tail light fixture that is all but flush and would install much the same way as the flush mounts. That would be my guess as to the way to go. Good point though and I to had given this some thought. Tug[addsig]

Thanks Tug, I'll check it out. I can't wait to get at it. A simple mod, that looks good.[addsig]

You might also want to look into those license plate screws with lights in them. They're pretty cool. 2 of them would light up the plate real nice.

TARSI[addsig]

Hey . . . this sounds interesting. What lights were you thinking of using?

Stock lights? Or something way cool??

blue[addsig]

i flushed mounted the oem tail lights on the yj . turned out pretty good. i left them sticking out enough to use the tag light from the originallight. now i have mostly flush mount and can get the tagholder open without cracking the lens. worked out good for me will try to post some pics as soon as i get it of the lift............odax :-D [addsig]

There was an article in the latest JP magazine on how to do the flush mounted tail lights. I don't think they mentioned anything about the liscense plate...or I didn't read that far...but if anyone needs some pointers...check it out.[addsig]

I like it when people flush mount those round LED lights. I think they look pretty bad a$$. I am just not sure where to pick something like that up.[addsig]

I put in flush mounts about 2 years ago after reading an article in a rock crawling web site. I cut the holes with a jig saw and installed some $6 each round lights from pep boys. I haven't had to worry about people stepping on and breaking my lights since, althought my wife says one is higher than the other.

I didn't worry about licence plate light (no vehicle checks in southern NM), but I did see some uni-directional lights (like the kind pick up trucks have on the rear step bumber) at NAPA for under 10 bucks - just patch it into the parking light power.

I still don't have back up lights yet either. I was going to mount a utility light somewhere in the back and use that.

In any case, thoes flush mount lights are the way to go... :) [addsig]

Back