Fiat builds Panda monster truck

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
screen-shot-2013-01-01-at-16.47.33-1357059168.png

With permanent four-wheel-drive and roughtie-toughtie styling, the new Fiat Panda 4x4 is more than able to go off-road.

The video is designed to show that even though the car is small compared to most overly large 4x4s, the Panda is every bit as agile off-road as it is on it.

The Panda monster truck used in the film is no computer generation either. The Italian firm used a Jeep CJ7 4200 floorpan as the basis for the giant Panda, which sits four metres high, and uses 1.5m diameter road tractor wheels and some beefy tyres.

Engineers took two weeks to transform the Panda 4x4 into a monster truck thanks to the complicated job of connecting the Panda's clutch, brakes and throttle to the Jeep platform.

Alrighty then... so they needed Jeep parts to get it right...

A lot of work for a commercial, but they pull it off.

two weeks to get it off road ready...damn it's taken me 2 months just to figure out the bellhousing/starter/flywheel combo in my 302 swap/..

Let's see...if I take a sawzall and cut the Fiat away from the CJ7 floor pan:sawzall:...kick it off...put the rest of a CJ7 on it:welder:. Yea, I could make something out of it.

Back