I'm fixing to have a long talk with my Jeep.

flatie46

My Jeep reminds me of an unappreciative teenager. I drug this thing home, raised it up from a cast off heep and what thanks do I get? A leaking wheel cyl! Now I know your thinking why all the fuss. But everything in the brake system is new except the booster as of 4 months ago ( lines and all). I guess you could chalk it up to cheap chinese parts. When I got the Jeep our local Western Auto was going out of business and was having a 50% off sale. The early birds had wiped them out of the ford & chevy stuff but they still had the AMC parts. I bought everything I thought it might need in the future. The wheel cyl that is bad came from that pyle of parts and had only been in it for 4 months. I'm sure it had a guarentee but since they went out I guess I can't return it. I'm going to have a talk with my CJ about helping out here and there. I bet it'll say you get what you pay for. Lol

If your jeep is a wise A** like my CJ it'll say something like Your lucky I didn't puke out on a trail somewhere.":p

Ok,,, it wasn't a wheel cyl. I take back everything I said about cheap chinese parts that time. It was a broken brake line. I think when I had it in the woods the other day something may have hit it because it was bent right at the fitting.

TLCJ5, I'm sure my Jeep is a smart azz. I think it likes to see me jump though hoops keeping it on the road and trail. That's ok, a man needs to keep his skills sharpe 'cause you never know. I get some kind of cheap thrill making this piece of hammered crap take me places.

Back