The best CJ color?

sweetpeet

What you'll you say that the best looking Cj-5 color is?
Would you go with an original color with decals?
Or a color seen in the newer wranglers?

Mine was a maroon color, it had a repaint. The repaint has metal flake with what looks like copper, red and gold flake. Not sure if this is factory or not but it's a good looking color. My favorite factory paint is the medium blue that came out about '82 though.

Either the redrock or deep cherry red on new wranglers or a deep navy blue are my favorites.

But you can never go wrong with white!

Both my jeeps are white. I like the way black tops, tires etc contrast with it.
How are you doing with that one of yours? Its green rite?

Black with bark blue or red two tone or pine striping seen it on some like a black jeep with red or blue rock sliders body armor

Both of my CJs were the smurf blue color that was popular in the 80s. I was pretty happy about it.

If the CJ isn't molested then I'd say go with the stock color and decals.

Both my jeeps are white. I like the way black tops, tires etc contrast with it.
How are you doing with that one of yours? Its green rite?

Unfortunately, its been put on pause. I haven't been able to work on it while away at college. but the last thing I did to it was drop in a 360, that sounds and feels really nice. The paint is actually smurf blue and its a good bit damaged and weathered which is why I'm looking for a new color. I haven't decided what direction I want to go but I'm either painting it to sell or painting it to make people jealous ha.

Black with bark blue or red two tone or pine striping seen it on some like a black jeep with red or blue rock sliders body armor

I really like your idea with the two tone and body armor but it sounds pricy. I've already got 5k in it now.

Both of my CJs were the smurf blue color that was popular in the 80s. I was pretty happy about it.

If the CJ isn't molested then I'd say go with the stock color and decals.

Molested is an understatement.... More like raped ha. Kinda Frankenstein-like, I gotta try to get this all mesh together into something awesome.

I like the red orange color of the early 70s CJ5 we had a 74 CJ5 that was that color. Had the 258 with the 3sp manuel and man that thing would pull concrete up lol.

Mine was Frankenstiened to, it was horribly discouraging when it came down to "where to start?" Putting a 360 in it probably made you feel better about things!
that smurf blue you guys refer to, is it that late 70s renegade blue? there was a pretty dusky blue from 80s that was nice.

Price is a big thing I rattle can just cuzz I more off road and ya scuff it just spry it again but it is nice to have a full out nice paint job. The jeep I got now I haven't had the time to do anything to it

I'm thinking that I should stick to the era. What were the colors of that era?

Back