Broken hearted jeeper.

Gennybro

Buddy of mine just got a jeep wagoneer, was haveing a few brews with him the other night and he was telling me that he was a little upset that the other jeepers don't wave at him,he says," it's like I'm not even there".
I told him that we both agreed that all it really was is a big station wagon with the name jeep on it, he dont like it being called a station wagon. But finding out that others dont even know he's there when he thought he was a proud owner of a jeep, well he may start calling it a station wagon.

Just tell him those that appreciate old Jeep iron know good and well what it is and appreciate it for what it is. Who cares what the yuppy jeepers think.

I love the Wagoneers, Bounty hit the nail on the head! They're awesome rides, I think of them more as a truck with a camper top or the Jeep version of a blazer. I raise a beer to him and his Waggy, that tops a wave anyday.

I wave at the classics all of the time. Some people just assume it's a Wrangler only thing. It's a 'Jeep' thing, and not a 'Wrangler' thing. The drivers do tend to wave back almost too enthusiasticly at times. Now I am guilty of not waving at Commanders, Patriots, and Compasses, but it's only due to the fact that they wouldn't reciprocate. It's a little weird getting that 'do I know you' look from a soccer mom.

He aint right in the head, just got done talking to him . He told me he undercoated the waggy yesterday with a mixture of 2 gallons of roofing cement and kerosene. He done and went took Redneck to a whole new level. I'm seriously thinking about getting my head examined to find out why all my friends are wackos.

I'm really sorry he told me about his undercoating, I'm not gonna ask him anything about his waggy again, no, no, no, not ever.

RE: BROKEN HEARTED JEEPER

It's sad to hear that a caste system exists in the cherished recreation of off road . Care should be taken as once someone admonishes someone else for the vehicle they drive , the Hollywood option types will seek sport in ridicule for their own entertainment and God forbid the politicians , in their infinite wisdom , deciding what's right for all , without asking of course , draft more laws governing what we citizens can and cannot do . A wagoneer is a purpose built 4WD and it well suits the needs of the owner . I once owned a 2 dr. '78 cherokee, and if you have ever tried to get into the back seat before daylight in full hunting gear with rifle and pack , you'll wish it was a 4 dr. . I,don't believe that true off roaders who have been off road long before the term " SUV " was coined would shun a fellow enthusiast for the vehicle of,their choice . But if such an environment exists to any capacity , it is just sad and I pray that spite does not seek retribution . It is troubling enough for the average 4x4 owner to have to conform to the same laws as an on road motorist . Ridiculous I call it . Emissions , safety , respect for nature aside , I hope someone does not decide for us what we can and cannot drive off road in our leisure . Is it still our sport ? I don't know how they treat the rest of the off road world , but here in NYC , you can own any four wheel drive or SUV you like as long as it passes emissions and is street and DOT legal . Heaven forbid you try to off road where there is some dirt or trail and is not designated . There are .some really nice rigs set up for off road with lift kits , aggressive tread , roll bars, push bars, winches , trail lights , etc. , but no where close to me to exercise them . If there are designated places , they are far from where any one who lives in the New York City area calls home . I would not want this sport harmed as what has been done and continues to be done to our second amendment rights as that is gone for me . Do I have to travel long distances to check the new u-joints installed in my front axle just to get into 4low? Anytime I see some one drive something like a c10 or 20 pick up with the bed and cab rotted but with front locks , I say , that's when it was called a FOUR WHEEL DRIVE !!!!!!!! No power steering , no a/c , just you , a clutch and your stick shifts ! Maybe some people need to be reminded this is still America , but I think it is sad if someone isolates you if you do not drive a current , modern big brother compliant rig . Maybe some cannot afford one . I can't , so why would anyone think its alright to let the administration rule that even a recreation has to be zero emissions ? Make it affordable and I'll think about it . For now , just leave us alone , we wouldn't dump on our neighbors lawn much less Gods country . I got hassled because I drove up my friends driveway upstate last weekend , no pavement and only 75 feet off road ? He told the trooper " I drive my car here all the time , but today we took his truck " I was accused of off roading in an undesignated area ? With threat to a summons ?
Had to move it and we had to carry items in the rain to the street . No wonder people give up their right to bear arms ! You can own the gun , but try and buy the bullets ! Please let these people know that this is where it starts , someone makes a complaint to the right connected politician and , BAM ! It's law ! I fear for our existence . Don't let 'em rule you can only drive it on the street ! We'll respect the law but they got to know we are Americans too !

Last edited:
Fear not ! There will not be any abductions from our forum , it violates our codes of conduct toward members . Promise .

Best I keep my own broken heart to myself , sorry to offend .

Two things gbro......first, the guys in the black suits with tin foil lined hats.
They always knew you was here....the mods had to sign affidavits saying we will keep an eye on you.

Second,roofing tar/cement, is the old way in the 70's that they used to undercoat cars with. You had to get it re-done every other year.

Greg92, I agree. I have read they are closing trails out west left and right. I have heard of a few trails on the eastcoast being closed as well, my brother sold his jeep and swears he wont get another because there isnt anywhere to take them anymore, he says I build it up just to waste more gas driving it around on the street. Its like you say about the guns, "you can own one, but good luck getting bullets", and you can own a 4x4, but good luck finding somewhere to take it unless you drive major distances. I think the locals around 4x4 trail ruin it for everyone, they dont seem to care about the area they are fortunate enough to live near and just trash it, I have witnessed this personally in the danial boone area in KY. I have actually seen a cop in a SUV chase a quad up a trail (the quad was gone in a sec) once, bear cans, clothes scattered around camp sites, just a total lack of respect for the area and now its closed.

Two things gbro......first, the guys in the black suits with tin foil lined hats.
They always knew you was here....the mods had to sign affidavits saying we will keep an eye on you.

Second,roofing tar/cement, is the old way in the 70's that they used to undercoat cars with. You had to get it re-done every other year.

Well, bless your little hearts, yall do care for the handicapped. I feel so much better.

I didn't know about the use of roofing cement and kerosene being used as an undercoating, thought my friend had gone over the edge without me.

I always wheel with a bunch of trash bags. Grab as much of the litter as I can.

I do disagree about the guns though. Yes the government is tightening its grip on guns, but as they have stated, this is just a temporary fix until congress agrees to issue more serious tests to the people who wish to own a permit. I think we can all agree that there are many people who shouldn't own guns that legally do; people placing your loved ones in harms way. Once the only way to get a permit is controlled completely by the government (like your driving license) and once a person can only legally buy a gun a a licensed and reputable gun dealer, then this will all be behind us. The only difference is that the permits will be issued with a more difficult test (one that should not be too difficult if you have all your marbles) just to keep potential threats of gun violence to a minimum. And you won't be able to buy guns at gun shows anymore. Only from licensed dealers who will be required to take the test portion of the gun sale very seriously.

Hunters will still hunt, but murderers will have to find a different tool to carry their dirty deeds out with.

Thank you for your reply , will be on the look out for the MEN IN BLACK , as for the budget undercoating formula , I would use POR 15 , HERCULINER or what is current from EASTWOOD myself . Hope GENNYBRO see this post , it was his thread . Will try to go easy on the big brother rants too . Thank you again . Greg92jeepxj

I always wheel with a bunch of trash bags. Grab as much of the litter as I can.

I do disagree about the guns though. Yes the government is tightening its grip on guns, but as they have stated, this is just a temporary fix until congress agrees to issue more serious tests to the people who wish to own a permit. I think we can all agree that there are many people who shouldn't own guns that legally do; people placing your loved ones in harms way. Once the only way to get a permit is controlled completely by the government (like your driving license) and once a person can only legally buy a gun a a licensed and reputable gun dealer, then this will all be behind us. The only difference is that the permits will be issued with a more difficult test (one that should not be too difficult if you have all your marbles) just to keep potential threats of gun violence to a minimum. And you won't be able to buy guns at gun shows anymore. Only from licensed dealers who will be required to take the test portion of the gun sale very seriously.

Hunters will still hunt, but murderers will have to find a different tool to carry their dirty deeds out with.

Thank you for your support ScubaDude . Thank you for putting common sense into my post from the radical rant it was , of which I apologize for to all . Thank you again . Best regards to all , greg92jeepxj

Back