mpg

Not me. I don't have a lot of faith in the tuning chips (just opinion, no research).

what type of mileage are you getting?

Non of the chips out there work with Jeep. Some end up causing issues.

To increase mpg there are basic things. First be sure the engine is running properly. Clean air cleaner and TB, proper spark plugs gapped correctly, clean injectors, clean valves. Aligned with proper tire pressure. Charged battery with all clean connections.

Light on he skinny pedal and don't rocket launch.

There are no cheap mpg improvements. Increase compression ratio, and add a turbo or supercharger.

Last edited:
Also drop your top speed by 5 or 10mph, you'd be amazed at how much fuel you will save. Make sure your speedo is reading accurate for your mileage calculations.

And remember, it's a Jeep (brick), not a prius. But I get wanting to get the most out of your vehicle.

thanks, you're right. I knew mpg's were a point to think about, i'm not going to mess with something so good. love my jeep, even at 18mpg.

thanks, you're right. I knew mpg's were a point to think about, i'm not going to mess with something so good. love my jeep, even at 18mpg.

If you are getting 18 mpg you are doing great! Most are reporting 14 to 17 mpg

Last edited:

Yeah, I'd be thrilled with 18. I always got 14-15 in my TJ and my JK is getting the same. I'm worse case scenario though as I drive very little hwy and only work 4 miles from home. Lots of short trips.

18??? man, i would love 18. sometimes i get 8

the wife's 07 gets decent mileage though, hers does get 15 in town and 19-20 on the highway

I have a 95 wrangler with the 2.5l and gettin 17 mpg at 144,000 mi but my buddys got a 97 with a new hart (same motor) and gettin 25 mpg

I have a 95 wrangler with the 2.5l and gettin 17 mpg at 144,000 mi but my buddys got a 97 with a new hart (same motor) and gettin 25 mpg

What size tires you and the buddy running?

I'm as stock as u can be but he's got 30 or 31 I do have a check light that comes on every now and then but every time I go to get it checked it goes off on me

I just think he's got one of thows factory freack motors (ones that do better than avrage) I seen that with many diffrent cars over the years.

I've gone through about $30 worth of gas in less tha 20 miles so far.... :what:

But it hasn't came outta low range yet either. :cool:

Back