Cracked iPad glass. Anyone ever replaced one?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it was bound to happen - my kid finally dropped and cracked the glass on my iPad2. I've ordered a replacement on amazon (this one) - has anyone here swapped the glass on an ipad or iphone?

This is a bit outside of my normal repair work - most of that requires the use of sledge hammers and breaker bars :rolleyes:

Terry,
piece trave a lot and NEVER without my iPad. I got my self a otter box case for it and that thing paid forit self many times over. After you replace the glass, you might want to consider one. It adds some weight to it but it is worth it. It actually covers the screen and all. Just my two cents...

Thanks Bounty. I watched that video earlier, and it's probably going to be my guide. Looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.

Ghost Rider - I should get a good case, especially since my 3 year old ended up being the main user of the iPad. I had one of the spongy cases that you give to kids on it (it's got arms and feet), but it was too difficult to charge with that case. I ended up just using a little snap on back cover on it.

I had looked at the Otterboxes, but I shy away from the $70 they want for them. It probably would have been worth it considering my time and materials. I may have to revisit that case.

Back