What do you think of the NSA spying program

Are you in favor of the NSA monitoring programs?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Without getting too political, how do you guys feel about the NSA programs that allow them to monitor the phone calls and internet activities of Americans? Is it a fair tradeoff to have some monitoring in exchange for more saftey, or do you believe that privacy is more important?

I don't like my privacy invaded any more than anyone else , but if I , nor anyone is falsely accused of anything , and the right perpetrators are apprehended , then by all means , violate me , just be gentle. Seriously , it is unfortuante that this is the world we live in today , but if that is what it takes .......... , you saw it with your own eyes in Boston , authorities will get to know the friendlies from the foes , God willing .

I didn't think I'd ever say this but I agree with Vladimir Putin.

"Such methods are in demand. But you can’t just listen to the phone call in Russia; you need a special order from court. This is how this should be done in civilized society while tackling terrorism with the use of any technical means. If it is in the framework of the law, then it’s ok. If not it is unacceptable."

What the govt is doing is not acceptable to me. I'm all for catching the bad guys but you know this is not the extent of everything they do. I'm sure there is much more that hasn't been leaked yet and it's pretty scary.

I got no problem with it and anybody that is surprised by this has been living under a rock since 9/11. What I have more of an issue with is that this Snowden cat has access to listen to me after selling out my Country.

If the government wants to know I called my drug dealer 12 times last month I am ok with it, They want to know how long I talked with him, I am still ok with it. Listening in to my conversations with jeeps part guy...no! And my E-mails...court order only.

Last edited:
I dont like it.. The bad guy needs to be caught be Im not sure this is how. To me its would be like the police pulling over anyone they want just to see. The government can listen to anyones conversation they want just to see. It seems if they suspect someone then the courts would give permission to listen to their conversations and just not listen to anyones calls randomly. At the same time I understand the importance of this situation and am not sure which side of this fence I wuld jump on if I had to make choice right now.. I see bad and good from both side of it, but once it starts where will it end or will it ever end.

Nope I will never agree with anything our goverment dose anymore. Ha obamacare is already milking me dry. U think I'm ganna let them do something else that just ganna rase our taxes more. Hell no obama must go.

I dont like it.. The bad guy needs to be caught be Im not sure this is how. To me its would be like the police pulling over anyone they want just to see. The government can listen to anyones conversation they want just to see. It seems if they suspect someone then the courts would give permission to listen to their conversations and just not listen to anyones calls randomly. At the same time I understand the importance of this situation and am not sure which side of this fence I wuld jump on if I had to make choice right now.. I see bad and good from both side of it, but once it starts where will it end or will it ever end.

The clincher is , once it starts , where will it end , or will it ever end .
This is the part I kick around inside my head , I have the most trouble deciding what is best versus what is worst for all . We want to enjoy the freedom fought for with blood since this great nation of ours has been found, but at the same time , we don't want to be the ugly American by discriminating . But that is what gives terrisom the edge . When its down to the wire , born Americans seeing their brethren's blood spilled , it is clear ; death before dishonor .

And that's where the govrnment looks down on the people say say go with us and we will make every thing bad go away but do as we say or your the enemy govrnment hand outs has gone to far ha if I get every thing handed to me u think I want to work and not pay my dues to keep things going heak no I'm going to be just as lazy and live off the govrnment like every other free loader and that's where they get control.

And that's where the govrnment looks down on the people say say go with us and we will make every thing bad go away but do as we say or your the enemy govrnment hand outs has gone to far ha if I get every thing handed to me u think I want to work and not pay my dues to keep things going heak no I'm going to be just as lazy and live off the govrnment like every other free loader and that's where they get control.

It's been said that once sensible laws are in place , that freedom will no longer be under attack . The first thing the government wanted to do when the assault weapons ban expired was to renew it. The NRA has been preparing to correct the injustices or that law since it was made law in preparation for its expiration . Still I see every excuse for keeping it and adding more senseless laws added to that to this day . I lost mine 2nd amendment rights and denied the right to renew my permit and the gun lobby , local and national level , said they could do nothing. That the laws in place had power over them and that we are to respect the law. Let us just remember , vote yes for our rights to be free but never to loose our rights that have been gained foremost. Let us never forget that it is our people who fight and die so that we live free and so that tyranny shall not rear it's ugly head in their dishonor . Before I vote , I will always ask how a veteran feels with regards to law and government . I will then make certain I do right by them . It is rare that a veteran will side with government when restricting laws stand to be put in place , but I will always hear them out and respect their belief. I will always tell them that I appreciate what they have done for me as an American . I will always thank them . They will always say , " don't thank me, just do right by your country whom is the people , not the government. We vote them on and we can vote them out. .". I try to never vote for personal gain but to prosper for all.
I will accept responsibility for my actions when warranted , but I will not accept rights and freedom stripped away before we have had a chance to enjoy them . Expect your government to work for you if you must work for them .

Let's see how do I feel about the government monitoring my phone calls and internet... Nope I don't like it. I'm a private citizen who hasn't done anything to warrant this. Last I checked the government was suppose to work for me not against me. I've never needed the government to hold my hand either. I make an honest living, support my family and pay my taxes. I'd really like for them to take all this high tech junk down to the border and put a stop to all the drugs comming across. I'd also like to see them do as I have had to do, Do more with less. I'll stop now and respect Terry's wishes.

I better not get off in a rant myself , but sometimes I wonder , is it the working class people's fault that don't have the time to keep after our government ? Sometimes I wonder ........

They simply dont care, got a high paying job,and all they have to do is tell you what you want to hear. I dont belive to much in what the government tells us anymore
Neither does the rest of the world, that is why everybody hates America.

You sure raise a good point ! I finally got a contract , raise , retroactive pay and slight increase in health care , after three and a half years , only to find out they had plans to take back the cash another way. Is this the American way ? The one that is fought and guys die for ? Is this why we are called the ugly American ? Don't want to get off in a rant , but I wish I knew their master plan . Who's running this country , I sometimes wonder , boss Tweed ?

I better not get off in a rant myself , but sometimes I wonder , is it the working class people's fault that don't have the time to keep after our government ? Sometimes I wonder ........

Your right, it's hard to keep up with what's going on it politics is your workin' 56hrs a week, have a family and life. Politicans don't even read the bills they sign. They made obama look bad when they started asking him details about the health care bill. He couldn't answer the questions because he hadn't read it, didn't know what was in it. It was suppose to have been his ideas.
I'm real tired of the left vs right BS. I'm just an American, I want my country back on track.

Back