Quadratec

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
I am a little miffed at them.....

I had a nut cert spin in one of my soft top bow ends. With safari top weather upon us I cut the bow end off and ordered some replacement ones from Quadratec. 31$...that turned into 51$ after taxes and shipping. (sorry 4wheeler supply, I will go to you guys next time).
Well either way I received the new bow ends and guess what, they didn't fit. The screw hole to attach the replacement bow end is 1/16 off, too short in fact.
So being a machinist I knew I could fix them. I wrote Quadratec customer service letting them know that the screw holes don't line up to the factory holes in the bow ends.
Unfortunately they are not the brightest over there and sent back a message saying the some drilling is required and a 1/2 drill will fix the problem. Well I don't think so dude....it fits in the bow end just fine.
funny a .089 drill and a 5-40 tap worked better.

Attachments

• 2013-06-10 18.56.39.jpg
    2013-06-10 18.56.39.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 2013-06-12 11.25.55.jpg
    2013-06-12 11.25.55.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 297

I am a little miffed at them.....

I had a nut cert spin in one of my soft top bow ends. With safari top weather upon us I cut the bow end off and ordered some replacement ones from Quadratec. 31$...that turned into 51$ after taxes and shipping. (sorry 4wheeler supply, I will go to you guys next time).
Well either way I received the new bow ends and guess what, they didn't fit. The screw hole to attach the replacement bow end is 1/16 off, too short in fact.
So being a machinist I knew I could fix them. I wrote Quadratec customer service letting them know that the screw holes don't line up to the factory holes in the bow ends.
Unfortunately they are not the brightest over there and sent back a message saying the some drilling is required and a 1/2 drill will fix the problem. Well I don't think so dude....it fits in the bow end just fine.
funny a .089 drill and a 5-40 tap worked better.

Hello Utah_jeepster,

What brand soft top disconnects are those?

Did you have your order sent to a state other than AZ? (Location: Sun Lakes, Arizona)
We only charge tax to PA & NV.

Back