Happy Father's Day!!

superj

Guys.

:)

What are your plans? I got up and did 18 miles in the bike around the base and now am waiting for the family to wake up.

Secret edit: put in some stuff that maybe was a little more then people wanted to know in a Father's Day thread. :)

Woke up at 130 am started the smoker, went back to bed....woke up at 6 looked into the smoker, went back to bed. Woke up 10 added some cherry wood chips, went to bed and took a nap. Woke up at 11, getting ready for my briskets to hit the 160 wall where I have a cider bath bowls waiting to into the smoker. Then I think I will nap on the floaties in the pool

6:45 am - attacked by a 3 year old and a 7 month old. Barley survived.
10 - installed my new father's day jeep trail cooler
4:00 pm - heading to Busch Gardens (the local amusement park).

Here's my new cooler. It's pretty slick

IMG_2659.JPGIMG_2660.JPGIMG_2664.JPG

Happy fathers day to all. I know this sounds weird but A few months back we all, ( my wife, my 8yr old, my 20yrold son and his wife and me) all built model rockets. We are all going to go shoot them off and hopefully recover them here in a few minutes. This is something I used to do with my son when he was growing up and he had mentioned how fun it was and that he missed it. So I thought the rest of the family might enjoy it. We've been talking light hearted trash about each others rockets, we've also wrote silly things on them. These rockets will go about 1600ft, it's going to be fun just to see whose rocket does what. Anybody else ever launch these Estes brand rockets as a kid?

i don;t remember the brand of hte ones we used to build when i was in jr high but those things were cool. we just never found ours after they took off because of the winds coming off the desert where i lived in socal

I didn't get to do anything fun on this fathers day. We just moved into a new house a week ago so instead of doing/unpacking what my wife wanted me to do I got to do/unpack my stuff. At least I've made a dent in the garage. Might be able to park in there soon.

i don;t remember the brand of hte ones we used to build when i was in jr high but those things were cool. we just never found ours after they took off because of the winds coming off the desert where i lived in socal
We had a blast with them. ( I'm so funny!) Eventually lost all but the one my wife didn't finish. It was alot of fun. I think I'm going to try to build a boat out of balsa wood and put an engine in it just for fun.

Back