Liberty light bar on a TJ....?

ZBTstang

Im probably gonna get crucified for this one but here it goes. About the only thing I find appealing about the liberty is the light bar they have. I also tend not to find the light bars available for wranglers all that appealing. I was wondering if anyones ever considerd the fesability of a liberty light bar on a wrangler. I highly doubt it would work even with alot of customization, but its just a thought. Does anyone know if the light bar is removable from a liberty, if theyre sold elsewhere, if the sizes would be somewhat close...? :lol: [addsig]

You're right, you are giving lots of fuel for the fire :lol:

If they were removable, I doubt the width and profile would match the TJ close enough to work. Most that install light bars do it for looks only, and they are removed when they begin offroading because they are not very practical. Avoid drilling into the windshield frame if possible, as they are very prone to moisture retention and corrosion.[addsig]

I was looking a the Liberty lights also, but not to transplant. Locally they frown on roof lights, if the man is in a bad mood, he´ll write you up, they have to be covered while on the road. I do a lot of driving in the high grass and the roof lights, really help with the lay of the land, farther than a few feet in front of the Jeep.
I´ve been thinking of making a moulded light bar for my Xj, flat steel (with a curve matching the roof line, from gutter to gutter), maybe three inches wide and a moulded protection for my lights (loops over the top, kinda bell shaped), to help keep them on the roof in the woods. Might be ugly as heck, but then again might look OK ???????? I´d like to make it bullet proof enough, to withstand a good thick branch, without tearing the whole works out by the roots, if the branch is a little too thick.

edited by: MudderChuck, Apr 17, 2003 - 05:15 AM[addsig]

Back